Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just happened this past Friday, February 10th.

It's from another forum I go to and it's a one of the female rider's friend:

Here's a video of my friend Dawn who was on her way home from work on the freeway... the guy in the civic was in the carpool (HOV) lane (with no passenger)...he broke hard to avoid the car in front of him, lost control doing a 360, and goes over a few lanes, she hits the car, and flies over.. she's somewhat okay... this was yesterday (Friday)

She's got 9 lives I tell yah... she wears full gear to work and back ... not jeans and a jacket, but full leathers...

Check out the video...she's one tough rider
I'm just glad she's okay

http://www.ridebehindvideos.com/videos/Accident20060210.wmv

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,658 Posts
Sporty, I for one won't check it out. Nightmares ya know.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Holy crap that was scary! Hopefully the injuries aren't too severe.

I want frist dibs to pound that f'ing a-hole in the civic to a pulp!

G

·
i'd beat the crap out of the skinny punk taking pic of the girl on the ground and take a picture of his head caved in with his own camera

G

·
Damn! Hope she gets through with nothing permanent. Guess she has all the proof her insuarance will need. Now if the guy actually has insurance....

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
SportyChick said:
Well it turns out the driver doesn't have insurance and said "she hit me", he doesn't realize that Dawn, the rider is wearing a helmet cam!
She posted the video herself and there's more information in the link provided:

http://www.socalsportbikes.info/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=34948&page=1
Glad she is ok. This totally sucks for her though since he has no insurance. Her only recourse is to sue him, which wont amount to much as he probably doenst have much. Even garnishing his wages wouldnt do much as he can change jobs or work under for cash under the table. Its a sad situation, he should have to serve jail time.

Hopefully she has un-insured motorist on her insurance policuy. I never get a policy with out it just for cases like this!

·
Love Machine
366 Posts
I think she handled herself very well. And I'm glad she is ok. Also love to see how everone was thier to help her. I ,along with all of you, would do the same for a fellow rider.

I always ride with Jeans, Leather work boot and a leather jacket and a helmet of course. I should get some leather pants...

Seeing that just puts it into perspective.....

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
That whole episode shows the incompetence of so many drivers on the roads today......it looked to me as if he had plenty of room to brake.....maybe not enough to avoid rear-ending someone, but more than he used....

And good on her.....she did the best she could, and almost threaded the needle....if not for the silver car, she mighta made it......

I like how he claims she hit him....in a way, I guess she did.....after he came careening into her lane all sideways!!!!!

So I'm glad she's got evidence to the contrary....What's up with the camera Sporty, did this girl use it for just this kinda situation or was she just playing around with it????

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I read, she had it for a month or less and was trying to figure out how to set it up perfectly. So she was using it when she could and then going home to see if her set-up was working.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Oh it is working! I cant wait to go home and see if there is sound with it!

What is that dude doing? He had car lengths to go before he needed to start locking them up?! I watched that 10 times probably... and I cant figure out why on earth he is locking them up so early?! What a douche bag! I cant wait to hear what he says when he looks back at his car and points... What an idiot... was he smokin a bowl in the car while driving? Cell phone? 40oz?

What is nice is the cleavage on the 1 girl helping, and then the nice mini skirt that saddles up a little later!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Video down, bandwidth exceeded :(

I wanna see cleavage

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
I too watched this thing about 10 times, and I am still trying to figure out why the hell that guy locked up his brakes and did that fool hardy turn to the right.

What an idiot. That just makes no sense. At least she was in gear. I was glad to see she was moving and able to communicate. That had to be a hard hit. OUCH! :eek:

Hope she is healing well - Sporty - keep us posted will ya.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm with everyone else. What in the world was that guy breaking so hard for??? I mean the guy had at least 2 car lengths before he would have come close to the car infront of him.

This is the reason why I have a problem with riding during high traffic times, and in places where I can't get away from the idiots on the road.

Give me a lazy country rode with one car every 10 miles and I'm happy. :D

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Glad she is well! She looks to have been riding very smart. Had room in front and to the side, until the idiot came into her lane and the silver car slowed also.

Man that video just put a pit in my stomach. For anyone who's ever gone down on the road, it's a sick feeling. Brings back all those feelings of helplessness.

I'm thinking the helmet cam is a good idea.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts