1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Interceptor!
453 Posts
Track days are just great. Be carefull, they're also addictive! :cool:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Great pics and video! Looks like nice progression as the day went on.

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turn 1 is where it happened.

his fastest lap time was a 1:35. After he lowsided he was running slower. He said it just wasn't the same after that. He did have an absolute blast though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I thought it was turn 8 too..it claims many, including yours truly :D

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
tell your husband he needs to get his body off the side of the bike in the turns. The problem is you run out of tire and traction if you don't. Getting his body off the side of the bike he will be able to keep the bike more upright and thus have more traction. Heres a turn 1 shot from Jennings. My fastest laps are near the 1:27 range.

BTW, i got invited to go to that track day, but had too much to do. How many riders showed up. Thought about trying to make it but I figured it was going to be too packed. Went to a frre track day once there and guys ego's were bigger than their skills and spent every session trying to avoid riders who should have been in the beginner session braking half way down the front straight.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
tell your husband he needs to get his body off the side of the bike in the turns. The problem is you run out of tire and traction if you don't. Getting his body off the side of the bike he will be able to keep the bike more upright and thus have more traction. Heres a turn 1 shot from Jennings. My fastest laps are near the 1:27 range.

BTW, i got invited to go to that track day, but had too much to do. How many riders showed up. Thought about trying to make it but I figured it was going to be too packed. Went to a frre track day once there and guys ego's were bigger than their skills and spent every session trying to avoid riders who should have been in the beginner session braking half way down the front straight.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Is that Key-Kay in that pic?!

BTW Kev, it was 04 I think... don't make it worse than it already is. You just keep scheduling track days at the worst times....

i put ALL the blame on you...

G

·
Motohead said:

I do get my body off to the side of the bike if i'm turning left my right side of the chest is completely on the left side of the tank but remember people have different hieghts in leg meaning i have short legs and a taller upper torso. In most of the turns i'll hang way off and in some i won't but then again that was my first time on that track i gotta look for a comfort zone. Once i get out there 3or 4 times i'll have my line set up with right amount of lean for each turn.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
You look good, and please don't take what I wrote as criticism. Just one rider giving another some friendly advice. You are right, stay near the comfort level and just work on different things every track day. Hopefully I can get my arse to one soon... going nuts.

Ok, am already there...

G

·
Motohead said:
You look good, and please don't take what I wrote as criticism. Just one rider giving another some friendly advice. You are right, stay near the comfort level and just work on different things every track day. Hopefully I can get my arse to one soon... going nuts.

Ok, am already there...

Don't worry about it buddy, I like hearing advice from everybody and i'll take what you said and roll with it. It's always good to learn new things from other riders. I really appreciate your comment. Hopefully we will see each other on the track and we can have some fun...........Damn i'm craving for the track too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.