WristTwisters.com banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
"sounds like its not tuned properly imho "

And that's precisely why I expressed interest in getting some dyno work done on it :banghead:

·
McTavish
6,226 Posts
"sounds like its not tuned properly imho "

And that's precisely why I expressed interest in getting some dyno work done on it :banghead:
I trust you have done the TP synch routine that every PC3 install properly needs being done.

Past that, my guess is poor area mapping for normal coolant temps associated with warm weather.
Lower RPMs and smaller throttle positions area , right ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah, I've done the throttle synch. Like i said when it was originally installed it was all faeries and unicorns, and continued to be all winter. An obvious improvement over stock. It wasn't until we had a couple of 80 degree days that I started to think that it might need it's fuel mapping tweaked. At this moment I'm leaning to the significantly different factor being air temperature, However perhaps it's the fan/elevated coolant temperature, I'll pay more attention next time we get a warm day.

And yeah it's most significant at part throttle (what I call off idle) and lower rpm's. It's particularly annoying when trying to get about at parking lot speeds.

·
Registered
566 Posts
bocomomark said:
Yeah, I've done the throttle synch. Like i said when it was originally installed it was all faeries and unicorns, and continued to be all winter. An obvious improvement over stock. It wasn't until we had a couple of 80 degree days that I started to think that it might need it's fuel mapping tweaked. At this moment I'm leaning to the significantly different factor being air temperature, However perhaps it's the fan/elevated coolant temperature, I'll pay more attention next time we get a warm day.

And yeah it's most significant at part throttle (what I call off idle) and lower rpm's. It's particularly annoying when trying to get about at parking lot speeds.
Yup exactly what mine did with SS two brothers.. and still with my recent 900rr and Dan motor can.. pc3 should be arriving soon.. so a bunch of maps will be tried and maybe a custom map later

·
Dead Wrong
383 Posts
What did most of you think when buying PC? You thought your bike would grow wings?

PC means nothing if it is not properly mapped for your bike and for your geography...

·
McTavish
6,226 Posts

What map are you presently using for your 4:1 setup?
And what is your 4:1 setup?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the 900rr, with a micron bolt-on can and the MachMoto map. It was all swapped on at the same time. I'm not in dire straits here or anything. It's just that when everything was installed the difference was profound (yeah my bike did practically grow wings) Now that it's warmed up she's running more like she did when she was bone stock. It's time to get her to a dyno and dial her in a bit better.

My experience so far is that the PC3 (with the proper tuning) makes the bike alot smoother, and more pleasant to ride. I'm hoping that some dyno work will prove this to be true year round.

·
Ginger-prick
1,215 Posts
My experience so far is that the PC3 (with the proper tuning) makes the bike alot smoother, and more pleasant to ride. I'm hoping that some dyno work will prove this to be true year round.
I found a place (near south county) that will do a custom map for a little over $100. I haven't tried them first hand yet.

·
McTavish
6,226 Posts
I have the 900rr, with a micron bolt-on can and the MachMoto map. It was all swapped on at the same time. I'm not in dire straits here or anything. It's just that when everything was installed the difference was profound (yeah my bike did practically grow wings) Now that it's warmed up she's running more like she did when she was bone stock. It's time to get her to a dyno and dial her in a bit better.

Hmmm, MachMoto of the UK ?
Do you know what the map was based on ?
If by chance the map was for a Micron canned 900RR, then it will not be right for a 919.

·
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus
3,802 Posts
mcromo44 said:
Hmmm, MachMoto of the UK ?
Do you know what the map was based on ?
If by chance the map was for a Micron canned 900RR, then it will not be right for a 919.
MachMoto sounds like Rippers map. He was a member here a while back. He had some carbon slip ons made along with a map iirc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking of ditching the PCIII as many 919 owners have quietly done. I have tried about 8 different maps both with the stock pipes and with my current Leo Vince dual slip-ons. I have not had it dyno tuned. Something tells me that the resulting custom map would not be a lot different from the ones I've tried. It's still a 919, right?

Anyway, all the maps have one thing in common: They make the bike less friendly during deceleration. The stock mapping is simply better. The difference is that no matter how fast I cut the throttle with the stock map, the bike/engine decelerate in a relatively calm and friendly fashion. When I cut the throttle with any of the other PCIII maps, the nose dives. There is also a lot less popping with the stock map. Rideability is otherwise fine with any of the maps. Acceleration is good and I can't really tell any difference in them at speed. I've checked mileage and also don't get much difference. Stink also doesn't change with any of the maps.

So why the F should I be using a PCIII? I am no expert rider but I have been riding 37 years and I can sense some things. I just rode 1300 miles with the Dynojet TBR map and it was ok....excpept for when rolling off the throttle. I have to do it really gently or otherwise get the nose dive.

Am I the only one? Or is it just me and the people who have removed and sold their PCIII?
Your doing something wrong . wrong map or something to lean if its popping when you decel I'm guessing the right map is night and day when you get it right.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,598 Posts
We all make that mistake then go on our way shaking our head.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts