Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, as most of you know I have an online business. Well almost all of my transactions are done through paypal. So far I haven't had any problems and they have been great. Well this morning I check my email and I get one from [email protected] saying how my account showed fraudulent activity and I needed to login to paypal via their direct link. The email looked just like one I would get from paypal. I clicked on the link and logged in, then started to realize something wasn't right.

I forwared the email to [email protected] which is paypals problem center etc and they got back to me within 5 minutes confirming that it was a scam email. So I immediately went back into paypal and reset all of my passwords, etc.

Luckily I caught on before I entered my paypal card info. I've heard of these types of scams alot, but as much as I use paypal, this one caught me off guard.

So be careful guys....

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
good catch E.
Paypal will never send you an email about something on your account. Some of these scams look very legitimate so be careful.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...
I had a similar experience with one my financial accounts. The email looks authentic right down to the registered trade marks. Being a suspicious bastard I always check the link properties with a right click of the mouse. Sure enough the URL was some scam site.:mad:
I also forwarded this e-mail to the proper authorities.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
for a while i received emails that looked authentic from many financial institutions saying that they needed to update their records. Ebay was also included. They look real because they use all of the logos and such.

I wonder why all of my credit cards are maxed out now?!?

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
I get a couple of HomoErotic invitations every day. And every freakin one of them seems to be coming from Motoheads home email...what's up with that? Some kind of scam?....like they say...if it sounds too good to be true and all that.
JohnnyB

G

·
FU*KKKKKKK! Thank god it was for one of my old ass acounts and I couldnt remember the password for it so I never logged in.

G

·
I get 2 or 3 a day of these for either paypal or ebay. And I send everyone of them to their spoof email. Everyone of them has been a scam. Like JB said, they will never send an authentic email like that, so always send it to them to check. I'm hoping that by chance they might be able to catch some of these crooks. It's unbelievable just how many people would do things like this, but unfortunately that's the way it is. But on a brighter side, I always think of "the top 10 rules to live by", and know that they have something special to look foward to ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
what paypal usually tells me is:
when they email you, they will use your name to address you. they won't use "paypal user" or "dear sir". they will ALWAYS address you by both your first AND last name. helps clear the confusion a little!

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
JohnnyB said:
I get a couple of HomoErotic invitations every day. And every freakin one of them seems to be coming from Motoheads home email...what's up with that? Some kind of scam?....like they say...if it sounds too good to be true and all that.
JohnnyB

Then why have you signed up for every invitation I have sent ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts