Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Why's everything on fire?
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up this parts bike, a 2004 919 with an alleged 30-40K on it. While I'm likely to keep most of the parts, I thought I would post up and let people know there may be parts available. The engine was reportedly blown, reason unknown. The bike has been crashed on the right side, with the usual pavement rash. May have been slowly dropped on left side, from the tank damage.

More pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmLEELmW

Parts I know I am keeping: Forks, ECU, wiring harness, coils, wheels (but not front rotors), misc brackets and hardware, headlight/bucket assembly, throttle bodies, fuel pump assembly, throttle cables, brake hydraulics, regulator/rectifier, radiator.

Parts destroyed or missing and not shown in/contrary to pictures from what I've seen so far: right rear turn signal lens, midpipe, mufflers, muffler heat shields, windscreen, rear brake lever, handlebars, gas cap - I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any more of them at present.

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have left side pedal/shifter parts? Just put mine down and broke the shifter pedal stuff and ripped the coolant hose that has the coil around it.

Also, the left side rearset...

That coolant hose is No Longer Available - you will have to order a Samco silicone hose kit or special order just the hose from a Samco distributor to get a replacement: https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum...radiator-hose-kit-gauging-interest-81005.html

The left pedal/shifter is part of the left rearset. I will go to the bike today and see what the left rearset looks like.

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's so sad. That once proud, beautiful 919, reduced to what it now is.

It happens to almost all mass produced bikes - examples become parts bikes due to blown engines, crashes, etc. Unfortunate for those bikes, but good if they can keep others still viable as riders.

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Do you have left side pedal/shifter parts? Just put mine down and broke the shifter pedal stuff and ripped the coolant hose that has the coil around it.

Also, the left side rearset...

Here are pics of the left pedal/shifter/rearset assembly. I will need to keep the "insert" that backs the passenger peg and sits in the fin as well as the wire guard, but the rest is fair game. I believe that is rust/corrosion on the shift lever but it should clean up and be fine after some paint or powdercoat.

IMG_0570

IMG_0573

You can see the insert and guard I need to keep off the rearset here:

IMG_0576

IMG_0580

IMG_0584

Here's the right side one, which is also available. Note the bent brake pedal; I will also be keeping the wire guard and insert on this side.

IMG_0588

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The entire left rearset including footpegs and gearshift mechanism is now gone/unavailable. I'll be adding posts on parts that are gone as I remove them for myself or people get them.

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much would you want for both front disks shipped to 91910?

Unfortunately, evaluating their condition and thus their price is going to have to wait until I get to the point where I fully strip the bike down for disposal. That is likely to be at least a couple weeks - I will have to get back to you then.

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good afternoon, I just bought a 02 with 8k on it a couple of week’s ago & would love to pick up the rear shock. These early rear shocks suck for my 160 lb. ass . Cheers 🍻

I'll look into what I need to do to take it off during the week. Where do you live?

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wouldn't happen to have the seat by any chance would you?

I do and it's the stock seat, but it has a rip or two in it. Foam seems reasonably intact on it. I'll get pictures when I get over to where I've got it stored later in the week - trips are limited due to COVID-19 lockdown in my city.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wouldn't happen to have the seat by any chance would you?

I do and it's the stock seat, but it has a rip or two in it. Foam seems reasonably intact on it. I'll get pictures when I get over to where I've got it stored later in the week - trips are limited due to COVID-19 lockdown in my city.

Yeah if you could send a few pics that would be awesome. I'm just looking for a second one so I can get mine redone. Its riding season where I'm at and don't want to be with my bike lol.

·
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah if you could send a few pics that would be awesome. I'm just looking for a second one so I can get mine redone. Its riding season where I'm at and don't want to be with my bike lol.

Here's some pictures of the seat. It is in worse shape than I had thought. I'd suggest using this one as a seat pan for DayLong or Sargent to rebuild. Pics are clickable for higher res versions.

There's some foam missing from under the big tear at on this one:

As shown here:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts