Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK - internet tough guy. I will.

(prick)

Found it myself:
The following is a list of paint codes and color sources that have been helpful finding a match for paint used by Ducati over the years. Most of these are for the more “modern” models. PAINT MANUFACTURER – PPG COLOR / PAINT CODE PPG / Metallic Black / 291.500 PPG / Ducati Red / 473.101 PPG / Ducati Yellow / 473.201 PPG / Metallic Grey / 291.601 PPG / Ducati Metallic Blue / 291.800 PPG / Dark (Senna) Gray/ PPG 0017 PPG / Gray Steel / 223.647 PPG / Titanium / 291.600

· Power 2 the pedal
10,087 Posts
Another option that most paint shops offer, is a color match. If you take a piece in with the desired color, they use a specialized camera to pull out the correct mix of colors. I did this with my '00 R1, and the local paint shop matched the blue perfectly. The paint wasn't cheap, cuz it was a specific blend with metallic, but worth it to have the color match so well.

· Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
SportyChick said:
Oh gawd, Kevin is talking to himself again.............
Bumping the post #'s.

A good painter will match it with a chip book. The light bouncing deal is OK but there are a couple things that'll change the finish. Base coat and primer, and the clear coat.

As a side note, just about every painter is crazy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.