One of the most renowned and respected Italian manufacturers of riding gear and protection, Alpinestars just recently introduced their latest iteration of the advanced airbag system called Tech-Air 5. The system uses an electronic module with 3 accelerometers and 3 gyroscopes to detect sudden changes in the rider’s speed and position to deploy an airbag in less than 40 ms. The airbag is designed to cover the shoulders, back, chest, and ribs.
No need to attach yourself to the bike through the tether. You activate the system by zipping up the vest and closing the magnetic flap and monitor the system status via LED indicators. The rechargeable Li-Ion battery provides 30 hours of riding time. Even when you get rear-ended at the red light, the vest will protect you and offer up to 95% reduction of impact force compared to passive protection.
Alpinestars® - Tech-Air 5 System Airbag Vest
• Autonomous airbag system with 6 integrated sensors
• Compatible with any motorcycle jacket
• Ensures outstanding upper body protection
• Inflation time: 20-40 ms
• Provides 95% decrease of impact force
• Covers shoulders, chest, ribs, and back
• Crash-detection algorithm is constantly improving
• Bluetooth connectivity to the Tech-Air app allows for firmware updates
• Gets active when zipped and the magnetic flap is closed
• LED display indicates operational status
• Rechargeable Li-ion battery provides 30 hours of riding time
• Magnetic micro USB charger included
Click the image to enter the product page for more information.
If you would like to browse the full catalog of Alpinestars products at MOTORCYCLEiD.com, press the "Shop Now" button below:
Feel free to contact us here if you have any questions, or you can call our specialists at 888.903.4344