Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, just interested to see what yal think is the best all-around bike.

So, if you could have one and only one bike to ride for the next 5-yrs. Which bike would you pick? Any make, model, or year. Assuming it's all purpose; track, touring, commuting, etc.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Honda 919. Yea I'm biased:thumbup1:

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
BMW R1200GS - that's exactly what I was thinking when I bought it and, for me, it beat out every other bike when compared under those guidelines.

edit:
other bikes I considered under those guidelines, which might be helpful to others:
-Ducati Multistrada - was a very very serious consideration
-BMW R1200S & R - serious considerations (wife even encouraged the S)
-Triumph Tiger - a consideration but I wouldn't call it a serious consideration.
-Kawasaki KLR650 - seriously considered it but didn't have enough smooth power for long touring. However will pick one up if I ever go back to a sportbike. It's a perfect second bike.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
dadogs said:
Honda 919. Yea I'm biased:thumbup1:
+1

Sorry, I'm biased, too.

Too much fun to ride, too comfortable to be a sport bike, too fast to be a cruiser, entirely too cheap to mod. Oh, and it's sexy as hell. :devil2:

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Bock919 said:
Too much fun to ride, too comfortable to be a sport bike, too fast to be a cruiser, entirely too cheap to mod. Oh, and it's sexy as hell. :devil2:
Yeah, what Bock said!

Another vote here for the Honda 919.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
what is this, another 919 pic thread?

ok, if i can only have one motorcycle, it has to be this one:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm a bit biased, but it's the XX for me. Soon to be a ZX-14. Fast, comfortable (even 2-up), handles reasonably well for a heavier bike, great long distance, and solid reliability.

·
Registered
417 Posts
ragdoll said:
In order:

RC211v
Prime Rib
BLT
Chicken Sandwich
You couldn't keep a RC211v running without fouling the plugs for 5 hours, let alone 5 years...

And after the Prime Rib, the BLT and Chicken Sandwich don't matter. Sounds good though...

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
If one and only one, 919.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts