Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
I agree with the writer...they shouldnt be allowed in the same class. Although it will be even better if they lose to Duhamel and they still cheat!

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
politics....

shut up and race already...

the ama continues to shoot itself in the ass, ashame really

a million loopholes won't be enough for the buells, they'll need a dedicated series to win consistently imho

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
would be funny to see an rc-51 mod'd as suggested though, send those buells a packin it would

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
i swear to god i heard one at barber last year...

hearin a bunch of mod'd rc's bangin down the track is a unique auditory experience...

but even better, there was this one bike, faster than most and bangin way louder than the rest as it just hammered comin down the straight...john henry would have been proud

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Good read indeed. Much like the BMW dedicated races, that's what Buell needs. Yes, rules are rules and are meant to be broken or a loop-hole found. Not to worry, Buells will be no where near the front.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
It doesn't matter, Buell will never be on the stand. 150hp yeah, but it's like riding a Goldwing around the track when it comes to weight.(ok, not THAT heavy, but ya know?)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
So...less like bringing a gun to a knife fight.

More like a severely near-sighted man bringing a shotgun to a knife fight with a world champion knife fighter...who happens to be a midget.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Bock919 said:
So...less like bringing a gun to a knife fight.

More like a severely near-sighted man bringing a shotgun to a knife fight with a world champion knife fighter...who happens to be a midget.
I love midgets.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
JohnnyB:

When this whole stink started, I understood why the Japs would protest on principal, but never took the Buells as a serious threat.

I also never really thought about the impact the rules would have on the 200.....

Can the Buells win this race? I see Ragdoll and a few others don't think so..... I'm thinking that, as long as they can hold together, anything 's possible.....

BTW, who rides for Buell?

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
GDJAM said:
BTW, who rides for Buell?
Copied from Roadracing World..

The teams slated to enter the Buell XBRR in the Daytona 200 are:

Buell Hannover of Hannover, Germany, with 2005 BMW Motorrad Power Cup rider Rico Penzkofer.

Deeley Harley-Davidson/Buell Canada of Vancouver with rider Steve Crevier, the reigning Parts Canada Pro 600 Sport Bike champion.

Hal’s Harley-Davidson/Buell of New Berlin, Wis. with AMA Pro Thunder winner Mike Ciccotto.

Warr’s London Harley-Davidson/Buell of London, England with 250 GP and Moto GP star Jeremy McWilliams.

Not a bad line-up!

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Would it be so bad? I mean, really... can it get more boring than say, last year? I believe that it will help a lot for AMA racing (barring any accident involment from the oil spots left in the bankings :D)

·
Banned
621 Posts
Could you really do that to an RC-51? How would the water err, hmm, excuse me, "oil" pump react to tryin to push that stuff through all the cooling galleys and the radia... I mean, "oil" cooler? I would croak if someone actually showed up with one. Duc, where you at? Throw down on us some technicals...........

You know what would be cool? If someone actually did it, we could start a new thread on what oil they should use (2, 3, 4,............)

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
I THINK it might be possible... hell anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

Interesting idea though to say the least... oil.......

Regardless I say let it happen... see how it goes... whats gonna happen... a bunch of people will get thier undies in a bundle.. and the sport will garner some interest... Good anyway you look at it... except for the fact of money, season race points.... but those are small factors...

These arent the droids your looking for......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts