Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kyle Racing is expecting 10 Ohlins HO201 shocks for the 919 at the end of this month. I think they have 3 preorders left. They're $980.

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
Kyle Racing is expecting 10 Ohlins HO201 shocks for the 919 at the end of this month. I think they have 3 preorders left. They're $980.
Has LDH got you on commission?
LoLs!
Anyway, great to see the special run is near delivery.
The very last run ever, being my understanding.
They'll sell.........................

·
This town needs an enema!
382 Posts
I think they have 3 preorders left. They're $980.
1 preorder left. I just placed a preorder for the 2nd to last one. 😁
____
Event Circle Pattern Electric blue Font

____

After 15 years of ownership of my '02 919, I've fiiiinally pulled the trigger on the Ohlins, lol

·
This town needs an enema!
382 Posts
You'll be amazed by the improvement, no matter how much you anticipate!
Super stoked!!! It's been a looong time comin'

I just recently got my forks rebuilt (installed F4i forks way back when) and now it really highlights the deficiencies of the rear! (I've got an '05 OEM in the rear of my '02)

·
Administrator
4,583 Posts
Super stoked!!! It's been a looong time comin'

I just recently got my forks rebuilt (installed F4i forks way back when) and now it really highlights the deficiencies of the rear! (I've got an '05 OEM in the rear of my '02)
F4i forks suffer from the same lack of damping and spring support that 919 forks do...

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
1 preorder left. I just placed a preorder for the 2nd to last one. 😁
____
View attachment 159371
____

After 15 years of ownership of my '02 919, I've fiiiinally pulled the trigger on the Ohlins, lol
Still a deal, though LDH used to sell them for $919

·
Administrator
4,583 Posts
Ohlins HO-201 shocks are on an LTL truck line headed to my California shop. I am guessing 1-2 weeks and we will be turning them around and shipping them right back out to anyone that has pre-purchased one as soon as they arrive.

There are still a couple available at the pre-purchase price, so if you are on the fence about getting one this is your cue....

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Can we get a parts list for whats needed when rebuilt? not sure how old mine is but it's well overdue for a service, and I'd rather my suspension guy have parts on hand before getting started.

·
Administrator
4,583 Posts
Can we get a parts list for whats needed when rebuilt? not sure how old mine is but it's well overdue for a service, and I'd rather my suspension guy have parts on hand before getting started.
Any Ohlins certified tuning service center will have those basic parts in stock and in abundance. If they don't, then find another suspension guy... It is a really simple service to replace the seal head and piston band on an Ohlins shock.

·
Administrator
4,583 Posts
As an addendum to that, I would be remiss to point out that using the correct Ohlins oil is of the greatest importance when servicing Ohlins suspension products. They build the valve spec around the specified oil rather than choosing an oil after the fact.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Any Ohlins certified tuning service center will have those basic parts in stock and in abundance. If they don't, then find another suspension guy... It is a really simple service to replace the seal head and piston band on an Ohlins shock.
I trust my suspension shop to do the right thing

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
If you had been doing suspension as long as I have, your level of trust would be jaded at best. I have seen everything from mediocre work or using the customer as a guinea pig to blatantly dangerous modifications and even flat out fraud over the years.
It's the only moto suspension shop in town, and he's been at it for a long time. I haven't had any problems, but then again I wouldn't know bad suspension from good most of the time. After all, with a

1 - 18 of 18 Posts