Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Ian
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my tank back from paint and got some new wing decals. Anyone have some pics & measurements of the OEM location? I want them as close to original as possible, but have no reference to start from.

Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nice pictures

If I remember correctly someone on the forum was able to get decals at a pretty good price, I have the "silver" decals on my asphalt 9er and was looking into getting straight black decals. Can anybody give me the hookup or point a finger in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
The oem decals are under the clear coat. You will damage the clear trying to remove them, so its not really possible without a full respray.
+1. I took off the Warning sticker below the gas cap and I have a permanent mark :no:

·
Registered
566 Posts
The oem decals are under the clear coat. You will damage the clear trying to remove them, so its not really possible without a full respray.
Actually If I remember correctly I swore they above the paint, I know the red ones were clear coated but I thought the asphalts were not clear coated. I guess I'll have to check when I get the bike out of storage in a month or so, unless anyone knows here for sure.

·
Love my BIG BOY Toys!
394 Posts

·
Needs training wheels.
432 Posts
Worked out perfectly. They are a little larger then the OEM. But they look great.

View attachment 19340

Last teaser pic until it is completed....
HOLY SHIT that looks good... No. GREAT! My buddy and I were at the Ducati showroom locally and they had a pearl satin white 848 EVO and I thought that paint would be decent on a 9er, but not awesome. Your tank alone has me thinking differently. White body bits and everything else flat black? YES PLEASE! Can't wait for pics of the whole thing!
:surrender::bliss::punk::riding::idea2::tt1: :drool::drool::drool:

·
Ian
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! I am really happy with the color, its coming together nicely. I am a few weeks away from final reassembly. Need to get the front end back from powder coat. Ok just one more pic......

Helmet Sports gear Hood Automotive design Sports equipment

1 - 20 of 61 Posts