Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about ready to install a Power Commander in my 2002 919. The Power Commander Website shows an O2 sensor eliminator for California bikes.

My bike has an evaporative canister under the bike so I assumed it was a CA bike. However, I can't see an O2 sensor anywhere on the exhaust system.

Does anybody know where an O2 sensor would be if it had one?

A second question: How do I get rid of my evaporative canister?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I know it says it has one on the powercommander website, but I'm not convinced. I didn't disconnect an O2 sensor when I took off the stock header, and I think I'd notice something like that.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Welcome aboard...

To the best of my knowledge there is no O2 sensor on the 919, including CA models.

I remember reading about how to eliminate the evap. canister. It might be over at project919.
Looking at the shop manual it appears that you could remove the air vent hose from the canister, remove the larger hose that connects the canister to the purge control valve, unplug the 12v connector from the Evap. Purge control solenoid valve, then remove the evap. canister.

G

·
I installed mine a couple of months ago, and did not have to do anything for an 02 sensor. I have a 2005 CA model and I don't have an O2 sensor in the header pipe. If you would like a couple of great usb map for a stock 919 I can email you mine and DK's.

·
Premium Member
10,290 Posts
I read about a guy trying nitrous and had trouble with the injection cooling off the "ECM sensor in the airbox". Might take a peek there.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,796 Posts
My 2001 929rr had an O2 sensor, kinda in the middle of the s pipe. If you have one, its where all the gasses come together. Sounds like you got nada.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.