Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely by now you've seen the pictures of the new Camaro.
I see where Chevy is going with the retro thing.


====================================================

 

·
Official thread derailer
Joined
·
11,015 Posts
Personally I like it, Rear quarters evoke 67 to 69 lines. Should be a viable alternative to the mustang and new Dodge challenger.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, love seeing the retro thing come back. I just couldn't let the hood thing get away without a jab. :D
 

·
BANNED!
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
Unfortunately the real car, when production time comes will only slightly resemble that picture....

They tend to tone down the hard edges, smooth things out a bit, smaller tires, cheapen it up a lot.
 

·
Official thread derailer
Joined
·
11,015 Posts
h_ryder said:

DEEEEAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!! That hugger orange camaro is hot! Been looking for a possible replacement for the Cobra and the choices are getting thick....Between the New Ford Cobra GT500, the Dodge Challenger and the possible Camaro it's going to be tough.....All I can say is thank God American muscle is coming back into the fold!
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't look like GM is going with much of Horton's concept. Jim Warren nicely bashes Chris Horton's design into something he thinks would work. But GM wont lean that way.

Ed Welburn, GM vice president of global design is leaning toward Warren Advanced Design Studio's concept. You can find more pictures, and commentary, at http://www.camaroz28.com/camaroconcept/

I like Horton's approach better than WADS but don't see GM embracing Horton seriously.

GM's already displaying their early design intent at the Detroit Auto show.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Has anyone seen how cheap looking the inside of the new Mustangs are? Hopefully they don't "cheapen" the new Camaro up like they did with the Mustangs.
 

·
Official thread derailer
Joined
·
11,015 Posts
jetblast10 said:
Doesn't look like GM is going with much of Horton's concept. Jim Warren nicely bashes Chris Horton's design into something he thinks would work. But GM wont lean that way.

Ed Welburn, GM vice president of global design is leaning toward Warren Advanced Design Studio's concept. You can find more pictures, and commentary, at http://www.camaroz28.com/camaroconcept/

I like Horton's approach better than WADS but don't see GM embracing Horton seriously.

GM's already displaying their early design intent at the Detroit Auto show.

I don't know JB, it looks as though GM may have incorporated a lot of "their' design cues based on Horton's. Maybe enough so w/o actually infringing upon his design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,705 Posts
SportyChick said:
Has anyone seen how cheap looking the inside of the new Mustangs are? Hopefully they don't "cheapen" the new Camaro up like they did with the Mustangs.
hey... hey... Ford mustang guy here.
(though, i do kinda agree w/ ya)

but i'm glad to see the return of american muscle... hell, a new Z06 'vette is 7.0L, 505hp, & passes the fed. gov. gas-guzzler penalty.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like Horton's hood and bodylines better. The WADS hood doesn't extend all the way over the nose. Horton's looks much more like the 60's.
WADS design will probably have the roofline changed before production. The problem with Horton is that he's young and not financially backed enough to be a real presence. Probably why Jim Warren (who's retired) commented on the design instead of Welburn.

Guys like Trepanier or Foose will really make the car look hot, like anything else if you want it perfect it'll take more money. The coolest thing about the whole retro movement is that it's a great platform to work from.
GM is probably banking on these things to help the overall solvancy of the company. They should learn something from the GTO redesign and not make a similar mistake. Holden, what were they thinking? :rolleyes:
 

·
Official thread derailer
Joined
·
11,015 Posts
h_ryder said:
hey... hey... Ford mustang guy here.
(though, i do kinda agree w/ ya)

but i'm glad to see the return of american muscle... hell, a new Z06 'vette is 7.0L, 505hp, & passes the fed. gov. gas-guzzler penalty.

What year stang?
 

·
Official thread derailer
Joined
·
11,015 Posts
h_ryder said:
me... '87 gt,
within family... '86 gt conv., '91 lx coupe, & '93 cobra
Sweet, i have a '98 Cobra. All these new muscle cars coming out may make me trade her in though.....temptations arrrggghhhh!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,705 Posts
dadogs said:
Sweet, i have a '98 Cobra. All these new muscle cars coming out may make me trade her in though.....temptations arrrggghhhh!!! :D
trying to convince dad we need a gt500
 

·
Official thread derailer
Joined
·
11,015 Posts
h_ryder said:
trying to convince dad we need a gt500

That's on my short list as well. I want to do a comparison vs the Camaro and Challenger though before I step to the plate. Gotta be the upper version though i.e. SS, SRT or SVT
 
G

·
midwest said:
Unfortunately the real car, when production time comes will only slightly resemble that picture....

They tend to tone down the hard edges, smooth things out a bit, smaller tires, cheapen it up a lot.
Thats where car companys mess up. The car looks bad ass the way it is. Its just like the Dodge charger. When it was a concept it looked bad ass and then they screwed it all up.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top