Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car Tire: Goodyear Eagle F1

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Has anyone used these tires? I am pretty sure I am going to buy them, just wondering if anyone here has experience? I don't trust most of what people say on the tirerack.com comment areas. "thes tireds r sow kewl, I can rase my 1998 Civic hatchback Si with VTEC and air intacke agaainst Vipers now!"

Bad wear? Extra loud? Let go violently when pushing them? Stuff like that.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
My Lightning came stock with F1-GS 295/45ZR-18 - they lasted about 25K miles before replacing. I chose to replace them with Toyo's.
The tires did everything predictably (including wearing out) and offered no traction in the rain, that's just as much the nature of my truck as anything else though. That's about all I can offer you because they are just two completely different machines.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an Audi S4, so you know the application.

Why can't I Edit my original post? Poop.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
ragdoll said:
I have an Audi S4, so you know the application.

Why can't I Edit my original post? Poop.
Well if you want them for all season the falkens are horrible in the snow. Strictly high peformance wet/dry

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seperate wheels with Blizzak tires on for winter. These are for summer only. Don't worry. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
My STi came with Bridgestone Potenza RE070 dry weather tires. They really stick and slide predictably in the rain with the AWD. They kind of look like a cut slick tire if you ask me. They are supposed to last between 8,000-12,000 depending on how you drive them. I have just under 10,000 miles on them and have plenty of tread left. I would even say I drive the car pretty aggressively. Just my 2 cents:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts