Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
less than 1500 cals per day, no food after 7:30pm. Hardboiled egg for bfast - chicken ceasar for lunch - meat and salad dinner - homemade snack bars for snacks. water only. walk/jog/bikeor swim every night.

Someone hold me accountable.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I eat whenever I feel like it, but stop when I'm not hungry anymore. Doesn't matter what it is or when it is. I have been the same weight since highschool.

I exercise lightly but regularly and enjoy more than fast food and junk.

So I guess I do what doctors have been saying for decades. Eat balanced and exercise moderately.

Diets seem to be proven time and time again to not work, the rebound always comes. No one is going to live off salad and water. But having a healthy lifestyle is key.

Oh yeah, I don't ever drink pop/soda or alcoholic drinks. But that's a personal preference that 99% of this board wouldn't do. :p But that probably helps.

I just thought I'd share what works for me.

Congrats on your loss though, I bet you can feel it can't ya? My dad lost 50lbs in 3 months and is feeling a lot better. I bet you feel that. :rockon:

·
Registered
465 Posts
good for you jet!! Hooray!!! Just be careful with too much weight loss too soon, that isn't good and it won't stay off that way. This is per my Dr. he basically says the diets are just worthless...eat small portions, drink water, (diet soda if I must have some soda)try to avoid tons of junk food (although on occassion it won't hurt to have a little) and exercise. It all works too (I lost the weight I had from my motorcycle accident in 03)..it's so simple but everyone has to create these crazy diets and yes you loose some weight but I have seen people put it right back on.

I am back on to things too especially the exercise since I did slack off for a short time:tongue_smilie:

keep up the good work!!:rockon:

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
I can fix everyones problems...........just get a thyroid problem like I have. You won't gain a pound. I weighed 99 pounds when i met gixxer1k and i only weigh 106 ten years later. Not rubbing it in just saying basically...... you all want to loose weight and i'm dying to gain some~ Any one got any weight gain diets?

BTW JetBlast.CONGRATS!!!!!!! Keep it up!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
LittleNinja said:
Any one got any weight gain diets?

12inch sandwich from Subway! Man was that ever a good lunch:thumbup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
LittleNinja said:
I eat those and loose 2 pounds. :001_unsure:
My Mom has the same problem, you have seen her, very small and petitie..she just can't gain a pound. I used to be that way back in college but my metabolism kind of slowed down. But at 5'4" I was too skinny at around 101 lbs..I would never want to go back to that. Finding stuff to fit back then in a size 0 or 1 was very hard..not like nowadays...but hey I still had the onion butt...hehehehe (Spanish girls tend to always have one ;)

·
1,798 Posts
RSixxy said:
My Mom has the same problem, you have seen her, very small and petitie..she just can't gain a pound. I used to be that way back in college but my metabolism kind of slowed down. But at 5'4" I was too skinny at around 101 lbs..I would never want to go back to that. Finding stuff to fit back then in a size 0 or 1 was very hard..not like nowadays...but hey I still had the onion butt...hehehehe (Spanish girls tend to always have one ;)
YUP! You know us latinas and our big ole booties!! I got that one covered. I don't mind being slim its just certain things don't look good on me cuz i'm so slim. You know BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!

·
1,798 Posts
turn_1 said:
ok!

there's nothing wrong with any ones weight as long as you are comfortable with it. Who cares what everyone else thinks!!!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I have a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and for dinner...a sensible herd of cattle!

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Cigarettes and coffee for breakfast

Lunch fast food, hoagies, cheesesteak pizza.

Dinnertime is "expand your horizons" time. I like a litlle pasta but always with gobs of melted cheese. Mix in some red meat, beer, starchy stuff, and ice cream. Have a smoke and then vegetate on the couch. Maybe a bowl of "Golden Grahams" before bedtime. The End

·
Registered
293 Posts
Same here Kevin. Been switching the cheeseburgers for salads and staying well hydrated. Every other day, 45 mins. on the mountain bike. Down about 8lbs in 3weeks and actually feel better and don't have the desire to eat more! For me to stick with anything for three weeks is pretty damn good.... Think I'll go to Carrabba's to celebrate! :clown:

·
Left Hand Suzuki Method
844 Posts
The only way to keep it going is to get into a routine where you see results! Has to be something you want to do and not something you dread when you come home at night.

6 small portions of anything and lots and lots of water keep you level for the day. Running is GOD! If your body can take it. Gotta find something fun that keeps you motivated.

And if you get to a target weight where you want to stay, change you exercise program from cardio to more weight training. The muscle increases your matabolizim (wholly spell check) and you be able to maintain easier.

Good luck man, now all you have to do is find the time!

·
Registered
465 Posts
jetblast...did you take some before pics before loosing the weight? Then you can take some after like in 3 months and put them side by side..for yourself ya know...that's a great motivator too to keep going :D

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no pictures, they'd get scooped by the media and then it'd just be a mess.

6' 190lbs and long term I'm shooting for about 175lbs lean and cut.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I started working out about 9 month ago. I don't count calories, but I do watch what I eat. I have gone from 24.4% body fat down to 15.4% as of my last fitness assessment. That assessment was back in November. I've only lost about 5 pounds in that time. :yes:

I don't see the point in these crash diet. :nono: As was mentioned before they really don't work, and you just add the weight back on as soon as you go off the diet. Since the first of the year I have slacked off on my workout, but I have maintained my weight. I started back in the gym this week with a concentration on fat loss. I bumped the cardio up to 1 hour 3-4 times a week, and drink water all day long.

My goal is to be at 12%-13% body fat by June. My point in this rant is you have to change your lifestyle, and make being fit a way of life. Crash diets do more harm than good, and JB should know he sees me every day. :glare:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.