Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
That's nacho cheese!
Joined
·
17,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4001365
Calabasshole is 80 miles south of my town.
I quit smoking 5 years ago, but I see this and I just get pissed off. The fine for non compliance, $500.
Wait until you can't have a barley pop in a park or on the beach like in my town.
It is said, "As California goes, so goes the Nation" I hope the Nation doesn't follow California over the frikken cliff of lost freedoms.:hammer: :hammer: :no: :no: :hammer: :hammer:
 

·
Wookie
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Bigdaa said:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4001365
Calabasshole is 80 miles south of my town.
I quit smoking 5 years ago, but I see this and I just get pissed off. The fine for non compliance, $500.
Wait until you can't have a barley pop in a park or on the beach like in my town.
It is said, "As California goes, so goes the Nation" I hope the Nation doesn't follow California over the frikken cliff of lost freedoms.:hammer: :hammer: :no: :no: :hammer: :hammer:
We wouldn't be able to hold the whole American population within our borders anymore because of the millions more that will be alive from not smoking. We'd have to take over more land to the south or north. This is going to cause a war with our neighbors. All because we aren't killing ourselves by smoking. What a sham.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Definately a little dumb to make it illegal to smoke outside.

Ultimately, IDGAF. Unless they legalize marijuana, then I'd consider taking up smoking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
I saw this on the news the other night and was like WTH?? I don't smoke at all but this is ridculous to the nth power! I did work for RJ Reynolds for a few years, didn't smoke, but I think smokers have their rights too and smoking outside is not a big deal!

Someone in that town must be greasing the palms of the politicians there verry nicely!:001_rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
I can understand not smoking in parks, playgrounds and such, where outdoor activity is the purpose of the area.

Ah whatever. Outlaw smoking so we can start burning books already!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
I think smokers have their rights too
People can kill themselves if they want...heck if I wanted to do that I would go stunt down the freeway with no gear on....but I dont and thats my choice just like not smoking. My teachers in school always taught us that the only way a person can claim its their RIGHT to do something is if it doesnt infringe on someone elses RIGHT to not do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
turn_1 said:
People can kill themselves if they want...heck if I wanted to do that I would go stunt down the freeway with no gear on....but I dont and thats my choice just like not smoking. My teachers in school always taught us that the only way a person can claim its their RIGHT to do something is if it doesnt infringe on someone elses RIGHT to not do it.

Well that would be a lot of things then and there are tons of other items that I think infringe upon my rights but I am not going to lobby a law against it. For example..I don't care for some belching or farting outloud in a restaurant or in public..that infringes on my right to not have to listen to some obnoxious sound and smell for that matter. However...I will just look at the person in disgust not lobby for a law.
 

·
Wookie
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
RSixxy said:
Well that would be a lot of things then and there are tons of other items that I think infringe upon my rights but I am not going to lobby a law against it. For example..I don't care for some belching or farting outloud in a restaurant or in public..that infringes on my right to not have to listen to some obnoxious sound and smell for that matter. However...I will just look at the person in disgust not lobby for a law.
Yeah,. but that's all natural. :p

Plus you thought my "Hybrid Motocycle" link was funny...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,182 Posts
I think Californians take everything to the extreme... my sister in law (yes,one of my brothers lives in Cali) was pitching a tent once in December (it does gets cold in the Sfco Area) because the guy driving the car next to us was smoking inside the car with his windows rolled down a bit while we had ours rolled up to the max. I thought it was funny to the point that I busted out laughing at her to which it only added fuel to the fire but I didn't care... hell, even my brother was laughing. :D
 
G

·
If i didn't see so many smokers toss their butts out the window as there're driving i would care about their rights...
 

·
Wookie
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Clear-a-Path said:
If i didn't see so many smokers toss their butts out the window as there're driving i would care about their rights...
This is base off mass assumption, but it has to be somewhere in the ball park... This is how I look at the above statement:

About 47,000,000 people smoke in the US. Let's say on AVERAGE, they smoke 10 death sticks a day. So 470,000,000 or so cancer twigs a day and lets assume that only 25% are flicked from cars or thrown on the ground. That means that in the US alone, about 117,500,000 cancer butts are littered a day. That has to add up to a lot.

All those numbers are estimated by me except for the 47,000,000. But it's a thought.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top