Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who know me from motorush.. and now the new people that know me , I had to show what I got on Thanksgiving....nice present :)

It is Already built up you know I can not keep anything stock, have to be careful though do not want to void the Warrenty

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Is that a type-s? I belive they made the rx-8, a rx-8 type e and the type s.
Maybe they all arent available in the states.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a GT, as far as the type S that is the Acura, I have not heard of any RX 8 called a S or E, I have a friend in Japan so he is a good source.

there was a special edition named a " Shinka"

ADVOCATT..it is a 2005 here , can not tell the diffrence they have not changed anything a few things in the engine but thats all. the big changes are supose to come in 2007...the car is so much fun to drive!! woops allot of ass it is very surpriseing..

there is a video on our one RX8website that shows a Z06 vette and an RX8 they are stock on a road course and initally first lap the Zo6 pulled away,,but after 3 laps and better corner speed the RX caught up to the ZO6 it is a pretty cool vid If I can find It I will paste it here.

Funny the car has been out for 2 years and some people still do not know what kind of car it is :) I like that!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Sweet lil ride Papa, good luck with it!

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Pappa... Sent you a PM looking for info on it.... respond here or there... no difference...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MIDWEST Papa... I was considering taking a test drive in a RX-8... what do you think of it. How many miles you have on yours? Any problems?

How big is the back seat? Small kids fit nicely? I love the looks of the car... and I am not too afraid of Mazda's...

OK this may get long but I am going to give allot of info on the RX8...I knwo you can take car of this car because you have bikes and can handle a little maintainence. so here goes....
1) Test Drive it!! Get the 6 speed!! no auto! 6SP has more HP it handles like it is on rails, has traction control so it is glued to the road on ramps at 70+ are no problem...As what I think of it...I love it ! sorta like driving an exotic with out the price tag there are not allot of them on the road.

2) problems.. I got mine used where I used to sell cars, it is pretty loaded I got it with 18 k on it, we checked the Mazada website and it has never been in for anything at all, only for recal issues.

3) problems...it is a Rotary Engine, it has pros and cons, pros....it sounds so damn cool when you wind it up to the 9500 redline, like a F1 car. The science behind that engine is crazy! SO it does go through some oil maybe a bit once a month you have to fill about a quart or 1/2, the Rotary injects oil and gas at the same time so it uses some. Also, if you start it and do not let it warm up passed the C on the temp gauge and turn it off it can flood because in a rotary there is no where for the gas to go. It really is not a big deal if it does Mazada comes to get the car and they wil do a deflooding at the dealer, Mazada will replace the Battery with a higher cranking one, better started, it is not a problem on all of them just some , it really is not a big deal. Gas Milage is not the best but it is a sports car...15 to 20 mpg

4) back seats..thats what sold us because when I have kids I do not want to give up my sports car... so it fits a small child and yes...I can sit back there!!! good head room and all, now I could only last an hour or so but hell gotta love a sports car with a back seat.

YOUR insurance will go down!!!! it is considerd a 4 door!!! HAHA and the actual size of the engine is a 1.3 litre because rotors measure diffrent so they consider it a 2 cylinder!! and it has 8 air bags! My insurance went down 100 per 6 mths, I was driving a 2004 VW Passat.

I will Post more Pics tonight, My car has changed, diffrent exhaust ( when you change that it gets so loud like a F1 car for real! not like a Honda civic does not sound ricey..actually screams), black wndows and some Ferrari type looking screens... and for anything I did not cover go lurk on www.rx8club.com

For the members I am sorry this is so long....MIDWEST if you can buy new go do it, you can get some real good deals now!!! just keep beatning them down, only reason I got used was who could pass up a 34k car for 21k!!:eek: :D :D :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also it is the highest revving engine in the world ( production car wise) no Ferrari nor Porsche ..etc revs to 9500! and the 8 loves it!!!

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Not sure if you can answer this, I've meant to look this up myself for s and g's, but is that 9500 the crankshaft's rpm or the "piston's"?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CM they do not have cylinders...it is a rotary engine...the 9500 redline is on the tach and Mazada tells you to redline it at least once every trip because the Rotary loves to driven hard and " Spun" as the Techs say.
What do you mean s and g's ??

Ragdoll...the doors are cool, I had one of my neighbor hood kids come over bout 13 and ask how much it cost to get my doors done that way....I said..ummmm it came from mazda that way.

Il post some vids of some RX8s and 7s. they make a three rotor engine...= 600 hp..no turbo nothing...the IMSA RX8 has roughly 1000, it is a 4 rotor engine...

G

·
"Not sure if you can answer this, I've meant to look this up myself for s and g's, but is that 9500 the crankshaft's rpm or the "piston's"?"

The ecentric shaft (crankshaft) rotates three revolutions to one revolution of the rotor. The RPM is measured from the shaft. I bought my black RX-8 (Dark8) in August of 2004. You need to get it to a autocross or track day to really appreciate it. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I know but what sucks is that I need to work to pay for it LOL I work allot , Autox is huge here in FL we have a big Mazda club there are some crazy cars in our group. I love my car, Ram air is going in in 2 weeks, already have the Greddy exhaust.....

Isint the best when people ask ,,,how many cylinders? reply....None HAHAH

http://www.streetfire.net/default.aspx

Check out the Vids on this website...click on the videos, then Mazada,,there is some sick $hit on there!! that RX7 Chasing down the 500 Z06!!

Come to the website and join...www.rx8club.com

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Papapump51 said:
CM they do not have cylinders...it is a rotary engine...the 9500 redline is on the tach and Mazada tells you to redline it at least once every trip because the Rotary loves to driven hard and " Spun" as the Techs say.
What do you mean s and g's ??
s and g's = sh*ts and giggles -- meaning I would have only been looking it up for fun because I have no real need aside from personal knowledge to be investigating them otherwise.

And for the record, I'm well aware of what a dang rotary engine is, lol...:D

Thank you Dark8. I thought it was 3:1 but for some reason I kept disagreeing with myself. Rotary's still baffle me, can't believe they work so well.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Ill have to go drive one soon then....

I doubt my insuarance would go down... I already have a big 4 door with all the safety crap... 05, 300C.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see you have the WRX...always a debate on those cars on RX8... They sorta grow on you, when I first saw one I was like what the hell is that!! then I saw an 06 with the new front end in a pic and it looks pretty sharp, I will try to get to an Autox, I think I have seen you in Tampa

1 - 20 of 34 Posts