Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and it looks fun. I am in North Carolina, in the western part. We got mountains with curves! Any Locals?

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Welcome aboard...
I'm not a local but I did spend one hell of a new years eve at the Grove Park Inn.:devil:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am from eastern NC. I went to school near Asheville.....Warren Wilson College. What kind of ride do you have?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a honda 919. It slithers this way and that. The Grove park in is at the bottom of Town Mnt and it get a lot of 2 wheeled abuse. Hot laps in town.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome. In Raleigh here. Lotsa traffic!

I'll be up your way this summer some time. A buddy's fiancé has family up there and we're going to cruise the BRP!

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Welcome, I am in central NC. Halfway between Raleigh and Greensboro. Maybe we can all get together someday.

·
Registered
417 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
Welcome, I am in central NC. Halfway between Raleigh and Greensboro. Maybe we can all get together someday.
Definitely with me. Went to Michael's 2 weeks ago when it was 80 degrees. Rode Old Greensboro Road, then to Asheboro, came back Old Liberty Road to Old Greensboro Road.

We need to find a route that has a lot less highway though. 1hr of highway wore me out more than 4hrs of curves...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you guys want to come up and ride, bring it on. I amalways looking for new ridding buddies. I ride my road bike alot(bicycle) and totally now the low traffic roads. Remember that the BRP is totally screwed on the weekend with tourist.You will have slow ride and the law is also out looking fo the 2 wheelers passing in the no passing zones. I am planning on going to Deals gap in April. Get a cabin and Have fun. Caution... some of us are new riders!!

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
MetallicCarrot said:
Definitely with me. Went to Michael's 2 weeks ago when it was 80 degrees. Rode Old Greensboro Road, then to Asheboro, came back Old Liberty Road to Old Greensboro Road.

We need to find a route that has a lot less highway though. 1hr of highway wore me out more than 4hrs of curves...
I love going to Michael's. I have lost my taste for Old Liberty though, as it is way too sketchy w/ gravel, police and the such. I live North of Burlington. We'll have to set up a meet with all the NC peoples.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got back from a littler ripper up on the mountain here. I'm still in my leathers drinking a beer trying to get warm. DUH! Mack a trip when ever. i live 1.1 miles from the Parkway and I live on 74 Alt. Check it on the map. No need to wait till summer. Right now I have 2 ridding buddies. One is a rookie that has a Tuono. Its an 03' model and it is bad as sh it. I mean it! My other buddy has a cbr600rr. It really sweet too. All black. He rips this one section of 74a that is 2.2 miles long and has, oh idont know, maybe 15 turns. He has logged 9500 miles since june and 90% is on that 2.2 mile stetch of flow.
Come back to Jamaica....
Your new island home!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Welcome aboard! We are slowly building the niner fan base wooo hooo! Gotta catch up with the RC boys:tongue_smilie:

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
Remember, if you are caught chewing gum, you better have enough on you for everyone!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts