Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
919 Rider
3,033 Posts
Well it doesn’t look that bad. Supposed to be light and put out 90hp. I’d like to take one for a ride. That twin engine might have an interesting feel.
I wish it had a round headlight like the cb1000 neo sport and had the 1100 engine from the African twin.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it doesn’t look that bad. Supposed to be light and put out 90hp. I’d like to take one for a ride. That twin engine might have an interesting feel.
I wish it had a round headlight like the cb1000 neo sport and had the 1100 engine from the African twin.
Hello Islandboy,

It exist....It was just released in Japan, it is call HAWK11 :

Wheel Tire Helmet Sky Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
A motorcycle should not have a headlamp holding insect's head stuck on the front! I absolutely hate the insect look.

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
Same! Looks like a Dunstall Norton fairing from aaaages ago.
Ahhhh, Paul Dunstall. I still wonder what life would have been like if I had gone ahead and bought the Norton Commando based Dunstall Export Special instead of the CB750 I ended up getting. We're talking 1973. Had the Dunstall nicely spec'd out, 810 cc alloy cylinders, twin disc, Quafe 5 speed gearbox, etc. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

·
Left of Centre
4,069 Posts
Ahhhh, Paul Dunstall. I still wonder what life would have been like if I had gone ahead and bought the Norton Commando based Dunstall Export Special instead of the CB750 I ended up getting. We're talking 1973. Had the Dunstall nicely spec'd out, 810 cc alloy cylinders, twin disc, Quafe 5 speed gearbox, etc. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
I bet it would have required more fettling than the Honda...

·
McTavish
6,671 Posts
I bet it would have required more fettling than the Honda...
Oh yeah, for sure. Just living with Amals in colder climates is fettling in itself. Even more so running straight 50 oil and having a broken kickstarter, as I got to experience by my 71 Commando. Run and bumps on late fall cold nights up until the first snow were a huge challenge every time. Tickle the Amals just right. Choke them just right. Crack the throttle just right. Run and bump just right, which of course includes the shift from neutral to 2nd just right and declutching just right. Not doing just one thing not right = flooded engine and then the nightmare began. At midnight of course, to ride home from working at the steel mill on afternoon shifts. If I didn't the bike to fire and keep running on the first start, the security guys would come out of their parking lot shack and watch and laugh, and the longer it took me the more they liked it.

·
This town needs an enema!
382 Posts
A motorcycle should not have a headlamp holding insect's head stuck on the front! I absolutely hate the insect look.
Agreed. The insect headlight look is so outdated. Very 2009-era and trying too hard with the Michael Bay Transformers aesthetic. Round headlights, on the other hand, are timeless and will never go out of style.

Personally, I think the 2018+ CB1000R and the rest of the 'Neo Sports Cafe' range are the pinnacle of modern naked bike styling. They make for a much worthier (spiritual) successor to the Hornet than the bug-eyed abomination that Honda has unveiled.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 21 Posts