Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
919 Rider
2,874 Posts
Well they emailed back and said they would ship to Oz, but didn't mention the cost! 4x bugger that. I'll probably just get some from eBay.
Now, I read a post where someone had their led's corrode after 6mths. The exposed led circuit board corroded. They may have been cheap crap but I noticed some led units are covered in a resin so I might give these a go. I'm concerned they might be to long.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371620174738

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Well they emailed back and said they would ship to Oz, but didn't mention the cost! 4x bugger that. I'll probably just get some from eBay.
Now, I read a post where someone had their led's corrode after 6mths. The exposed led circuit board corroded. They may have been cheap crap but I noticed some led units are covered in a resin so I might give these a go. I'm concerned they might be to long.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371620174738
Bulbs/LEDS can be IP rated. I've picked up cheap bulbs before and they have hit the trashcan within a month. That being said, It would be pretty difficult to fry these as they are covered. Just get a quality unit. Likely some others can chime in about who makes good ones (Philips is a another quality suggestion).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I put some green led bulbs in my gauges today while refitting my led headlight. I really like the look. A great mod, cheap too. Thanks again wrist twisters.
Leds look great! How do you find them riding? Do you find your eyes can adjust to the colour quick or is the contrast too drastic? I know the white would have been absolutely blinding. The red i havent had an issue with.

headlight looks good! I had seen mention in the truck lite thread. I am still waiting to get mine finished and installed. Main headlight is out and i chopped the tabs but need a dremel for the rest.

I'm still building and modifying. Installed the used 1st gen Satos. Just need to install the PCIII but needed to order a posi-tap. I had a mini orgasm after i had installed it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d89mRwFa_mQ[/ame]

·
919 Rider
2,874 Posts
The green is fine to look at. Not at all intense or uncomfortable. The dash lights in my truck are also green and I've never felt they were bad. Nope green is cool.
It's a cool, easy, cheap mod.
Thanks for the motivation.
I would recommend you splice and solder your pc111usb. Those wire taps have failed before. Your bike can die and leave you stranded if it fails. There's a post on it somewhere around here. I spliced and soldered the one on my bike. A lot of guys have. You'll have fun with that pc111usb.
Nice pipes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Webike japan has loads of stuff for the honda 919 including a few rearsets. All looks like good quality. All look expensive too.
Hello Islandboy. The brand available in Webike "Babyface" it is actually Sato. Maybe, Babyface is only for Japan, and Sato for the rest of the world

61 - 70 of 70 Posts