Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I put on a pair of Delkevic pipes and was very happy with them. They weren't expensive but well made. Sound great. Come in a heap of styles. They also came with a stainless single Y link pipe. You remove the honda Y pipe. You can use the Delkevic link pipe to fit a variety of 51mm end cans. I believe the Delkevic Y link pipe can be brought separate. Right now I'm rocking a pair of cheap chinese cans mounted on the Delkevic Y link pipe. Very loud! But fun.

Since its an 07 I believe i have a cat. Would this remove the cat if I did that Y pipe?
I have heard of the Delkevics and the Danmotos. Currently debating the Satos but 500US + more shipping and im at almost 2 danmoto systems.

Renthal ultra lows, rizoma turns and new road 2s installed

Attachments

·
919 Rider
2,849 Posts
Don't know if your bike will stink up with the cat removed. I should have mentioned that Delkevic have been moving away from the single Y link pipe and have been using the more common twin link pipe system where you retain the OEM Y splitter. Probably cheaper. If you ask around the single Y link pipe can still be brought. All Delkevic exhaust components can be brought separately.
Delkevic are more expensive than Danmoto.
The Danmoto's are quite small. Diameter around 89mm and length 300mm to 350mm? I prefer an end can at least 100mm in diameter as it fills the rear better. Delkevic come in a heap of styles.
Following pic shows cheap chinese can mounted on Delkevic Y link pipe.

·
The Cripple
8,772 Posts
You get what you pay for with the Sato.

As to the gauge light, get 2 10 led bulbs in red or orange. It'll be a lot easier to read and doesn't look ricer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
You get what you pay for with the Sato.

As to the gauge light, get 2 10 led bulbs in red or orange. It'll be a lot easier to read and doesn't look ricer.
I just realized thats your bike with the Sato exhaust on Youtube. That sounds absolutely intoxicating. Is that the Gen 1s ?

·
The Cripple
8,772 Posts
I just realized thats your bike with the Sato exhaust on Youtube. That sounds absolutely intoxicating. Is that the Gen 1s ?
At a track day? Interesting. Those are gen 2. The gen 1s sound even better, I think. Has a deeper tone, which I like.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
View attachment 144257 17t sprocket and a good workstand! check out the phobman stand!
From the man himself ;). I was looking at center stand options as I had to change my tires (just chucked on road 2s but new). I cant even describe the tires besides flintstoned. Back tire was squared off and both were flatspotted. As a result, turn in was unpredictable and hard at best. Bike wanted to stand up right all the time.

I had looked into your stand but wasn't sure if you were still making them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Here is a thread where someone changed the bulb colour.
Changed my 919's instrument cluster lights... - Wrist Twisters
I have thought about doing it but only for shits and giggles. I think a white bulb would be too bright at night. As well a white backing on the two gauges would make a lot of glare in the day. Although I have seen the 600 hornets with white backed gauges.
Our Australian/asian bikes have a much less cluttered speedo gauge since it's only showing one set of figures in Km's per hour.
You could always swap out dash for a led type.
Get glasses!

red 194 Leds from superbright done. Attempted xenon white but it was blinding

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It was a very simple install. 194 leds X2. I got ones that shined in multiple directions. As previously stated, White did not look good. I was hoping that it would make the letter white and pop. All it did was accentuate a very old looking cluster with beige and yellow lettering. Maybe some people like that but i certainly did not!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Do they come in blue?

My bike is blue, I figured i'd make them blue :p

It was a very simple install. 194 leds X2. I got ones that shined in multiple directions. As previously stated, White did not look good. I was hoping that it would make the letter white and pop. All it did was accentuate a very old looking cluster with beige and yellow lettering. Maybe some people like that but i certainly did not!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Lol post pics :)!
Ive never had any major issues with superbright. There bulbs are quality. Only thing the last few bulbs i have gotten from them, their wires have had to be moved a bit for better contact. I have never had a blown bulb or faulty bulb.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I emailed them. Asked if they post to Oz. Yep. So I will get green and I will post some pics.
Anything back? Likely our stateside friends would be of more help. Shipping is 4x the cost of the bulb itself for me

41 - 60 of 70 Posts