Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the responses to this post will be wildly varying, but I need the expertise of all your motor/gear heads. Instead of renting a car in Chicago every week, I'm thinking a leasing a vehicle (first time leasing) and leaving it there. I know I should get a Maxima, Accord, Pilot, etc. All great vehicle, but want something a bit less "vanilla".

I went out yesterday, looked at and tested several cars. I thought I wanted a sedan (been driving SUV's and coupes for the last 10 yrs), but may go with another SUV. Criteria: under $50k (or an incredible lease rate), style not changing next year, comfortably seats 4 men, all-wheel drive, rock solid reliabilty a must (hate dealerships and service) and has some nice bells and whistles.

So far drove 530xi (very nice, especially sport seats, but a bit tight in back), M45 (nice power and room, but seemed "cheesey" for price), GS300AWD (my favorite of the three, but more than I want to spend).

Any advice appreciated. Thank.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
FX 45 - 1-2yrs old

just double check to make sure the interior space is satisfactory

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,606 Posts
How about one of those top of the line performance Caddys? You know, the Led Zeplin ones.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In SUV's check out the new '07 Tahoe (available now), restyled and re-engineered. Or if you want something more upscale with more HP and a 6 speed auto go for the '07 Escalade (available later this year).

Trunorth
'05 Gix1
'06 Tahoe

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always loved the FX-35/45. Great value for the vehicle, on top of the list.

Like the new caddy's, but they have problems. My buddy's CTS-V is a P.O.S.! Tranny is the biggest problem. Been in the shop as long as 29 days in a row. New Escalade is nice, but over $60 optioned. Plus, I'd have to put some 24's on the bietch.:cool: That's even more $$.

Tested the new Subaru B9 yesterday. Nice vehicle for the price, but tight rear seat, with a useless 3rd row seat. Also drove the LR3, very nice, but can't justify the $$.

Only if the new Avalon came AWD, it would be a no brainer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts