Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked my 03 919! I look forward to seeing and reading what others have done to theirs. The previous owner did paint, center stand,shield, mirrors and the headlight modulator. The previous owner also powder coated the covers.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! The previous owner has a thing with "blue". The original color is the flat black. He painted this to match his blue Colorado. He also has a blue 4 wheeler. To me it's close to the denim blue on a Harley Davidson. Him and his group of friends build and restore vintage Hondas
This was his go fast bike. I am the 3rd owner, the guy I bought it from has owned it since 2006. I would love to find some stock indicator dash lights. Mine are faded and the arrows have worn off. I'm not sure what the mirrors are from, but they do a damn good job. I would like to replace the grips with something softer and possibly some superbike handle bars or Renthal low or ultra low handlebars, different exhaust pipes( not sure what's left out there due to the age of the bike), a tail tidy and maybe some clear turn signal lens covers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Renthal ultra low handlebars will slot in perfectly. You won't have to make any cable adjustments and the bars will clear the gas tank at full lock without interference.

However, to stop the handle lever switches from spinning (in particular the throttle side), you will need to drill a small hole in the bars to accommodate the locating pin on the underside.

I've read that some folks here decided to grind the locating pins down and rig with tape etc. Regardless of what you decide to do, keep those pics coming on your updates!

·
919 Rider
2,948 Posts
Welcome.
SP Engineering make a great range of exhaust cans. Many styles to chose from. Get yourself a pair of link pipes or single Y link pipe from Delkevic and your good to fit most 51mm exhaust cans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts