Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even if none of you care, I'm too stoked about this to not share. We had our first paying gig on St. Patty's day! There are some pics and videos on MySpace Six String Gun. Trust me, we sound way better than the camcorder makes us sound. I'm on vocals, my bro is the crazy kid on guitar.

The pay was supposed to be a $100 gig plus cover, but we got that place so packed the owner gave us $250 plus the cover. We ended up with almost $400. I almost crapped myself.

Next gig is this friday. It's another small bar, but it's better than nothing.

Still not quiting my day job...

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Hey, I dont see Brit-a-tit listed as one of your MySpace friends! :laugh:

:punk:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Congrats, that's great. Best of luck and all the success.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
m51142 said:
That is so cool... Are you strictly vocals or do you play an instrument?
As I'm so fond of saying (since I think I'm so clever), I'm musically inclined with no inclination towards learning. :)

I've been meaning to learn to play guitar, but haven't gotten around to it. My bro is a pretty amazing guitarist, IMO, but even he can't play rhythm AND lead at the same time.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Very nice and congrats!

·
Registered
465 Posts
:rockon: You guys sound good! Congrats on your first gig..hopefully the first of many more!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Take it from experience bro. Stick to the local stuff and keep the day job. Some of my fondest memories are playing with my friends at the local club. :punk:

Touring around the country gets old real quick. It's fun as hell but you feel like time stands still. And it does. But only for you. I miss being on stage and singing but it doesn't pay for $h!t! Well...monetarily that is. :shifty:

G

·
Sounds like a great start for your band. I recall my days back in college when I used to play bass for a band. We did a couple of "gigs" at the Sergeant's Mess on the local army base and it was really fun to get paid for doing something we loved to do anyway. We didn't last long as most of us were getting too busy with university, etc. to devote long nights (and early mornings - it was cool to watch the sun come up after playing till 3:00 am) to the music. I drifted away for awhile but later returned to music as part of my ministry - I do worship leading for church and for the Christian Motorcyclist Association rallies, etc. Even grabbing my 12 strong and playing some praise and worship songs and hymns for Chapel service on Sunday morning at the CMDRA drag racing meet last June here in Edmonton was a blast! Enjoy it while its there and hang onto the memories - they will be precious to you someday!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts