Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the "what's on the radio" thread got me thinking...

:punk:

What's a band/artist that you used to hate but now you like (or at least can listen to)?

For me, it's REM. I lived in Athens,Ga. for years and must've heard them live 20 times. My girlfriend at the time loved them, and I hated them just to argue with her (young and dumb, yah I know).

Now "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" is one of the songs I never take off my ipod. Every now and then I just love to turn it up and listen to the reverb. "Pop Song '89" is also a staple of the playlist.

:walkman:

How about you?

G

·
How about the opposite? I loved the B52's until I saw them live, must have been a bad night for them because now I can't listen to them without thinking how much they SUCK!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Metallica--used to not care for them but as I got older, I realized I was a closet metal freak!

I still like Foreigner but saw them in concert few years back..and they sucked big time!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RSixxy said:
Metallica--used to not care for them but as I got older, I realized I was a closet metal freak!

I still like Foreigner but saw them in concert few years back..and they sucked big time!!
Yeah, I used to like Metallica, "whiplash" is my favorite song by them. I won't listen to any of their sellout ****, and I really dislike them after the whole anti-napster campaign. They suck basically. But if you like them, I'd recommend whiplash, fade to black, master of puppets, and anything before "black". If you like newer stuff, Disturbed, Godsmack, and System of a Down are much better, IMO.

·
Living the dream
1,246 Posts
OK....I am prepared for the ripping.....

If we have friends or family over for dinner and just talking over dinner...Sinatra. My sister got me into it. Remember, I am a DJ on the side so in some ways I listen to everything.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
MetallicCarrot said:
Ruby Soho is awesome. How could you not like Timebomb?!
How could you not like everything from those guys, except for the newest crap?

But my voice in this is alittle different. I used to hate punk at like 14-15 and by 17 I was hard into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts