Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2012 990 SMT and 2003 919. I've seen topcases where you buy a rack plate and the case attaches to it. Some aren't plates, but a complete rack.

There are so many out there. Anyone have a suggestion on a brand or model where I could have one topcase that attaches to either bike?

I'm leaning towards medium sizes, as I've read the KTM has a weak subframe in that area.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Wanna free cat?
1,168 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum.

I have this rack on the 919.

There's not a lot of meat on the 919 subframe, but I have carried a lot of 30 packs on it with no problems, so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks rfftup! I found a Monokey base plate that fits my KTM rack, so this should be easy. Givi has many cases available - does anyone with a Givi case have a pic they could share and model number of case?

Which one did you use rufftup?

Thanks again

·
Wanna free cat?
1,168 Posts
Givi's website should have the info to help you sort out the cases available to fit your particular base plate.
I don't have a Givi case. I made a stainless plate at work and bolted it to the rack.
An MTM ACR8-72 ammo crate gets ratchet-strapped on for that Jed Clampett look.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Golf Fender Automotive tire

·
Registered
2007 Honda 919
5 Posts
Slinky- I went with the Givi 256 arms mounted to the M8 plate, which turns out is very solid. If the Monokey plate you mention mates up with the rack arms that would make it super easy.. as I understand it, Monokey fits Monokey. The only thing I'd note would be with the rack install, since you have aftermarket pipes as I do: I had to find spacers to take up the gap where the stock exhaust would typically mount to the frame since the Givi rack mounts there. It was no biggie, just a step that had to happen.

As for the top case... again, went with Givi. Admittedly I haven't put it through many paces as of yet, but so far I have no complaints. I really appreciate Givi's attention to detail. The case snaps in solidly and when it's locked shut it's locked to the bike. Pictured is my '07 with Givi's Dolomiti 30L. My end goal is to see a 30L on each side and perhaps a 46L up top.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts