Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spinning of the "I love to ride..." thread. What was your most memorable ride. Good, bad, or ugly?

Though, there are many. It must be the Myrtle Beach ride four of made a few years ago. Long story. The highlights, freezing rain, tornados, 90 degree sunshine, seafood in Charleston, SC, crab cakes in Maryland, more freezing rain, tire eating pot holes in NYC, complete numbness in 50% of your body. Doing an unoffical "ironbutt".

And, would do it all over again.

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Well, she was buns-up-kneeling and ...oh, motorcycles.:confused:

Me and a buddy rode sportbikes to Daytona and back for bike week. Shipped our clothes ahead to a friend's house. On the return trip we stayed with a friend in Atlanta. Left Atlanta at 7 AM on a workday, dark, pouring rain in mad traffic. By the time we got to the Kentucky border it was 32 degrees with wind strong enough to move you 1-1/2 lanes on the Interstate. Got to within 30 miles of the house and it was a whiteout blizzard. Scariest 30 miles I have ever done. I thawed out 6 hours, two hot baths and several drinks later.:sweatdrop:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I think the most memorable ride was when 70-80 bikes showed up for a friend's funeral who lost his life on his bike. It was a huge funeral procession and we stopped traffic all over and not one driver complained about it. It was amazing how everyone showed their respect, even construction workers on the side of the road took their hard hats off to pay respects.

The feeling I had that day riding among so many riders was indescriable and I think many of you Motorush members remember the story I wrote on it. It was published in a few different bike magazines as well.

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
Did a 600 mile up in northern az.....Got to dodge deer, elk, horses. Rode through an active forest fire area-pretty warm. Learned more about turns and general riding that trip...almost bought the farm a few times.....great friends to help me out and OH yes...the college beer whores! But thats another story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts