Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another back to back weekend of great racing. Someone needs to find decent tires for Bayliss though, the guy was leading by a mile in Race1 only to have to settle for 6th, but made it back on Race2 with a well earned 1st place.
Cocky Corser high side in Race2 was interesting and he's lucky Barros didnt take his head off , nice dive off the track by Corser.
Barros was the real story though, little more power in that Honda and he'd be hunting down both Corser and Bayliss. Toseland the kid looks like a force to be reckoned with and Xaus seems to be making a comeback as well.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Good racing. Bayliss just seems like he needs to get used to Pirellis... how long they last.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Anyone hear an update on Corser? I assume he checked out & is ok.
But boy, what a lick.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Corser's nickname is "Timex"... :D

Nice race all around, I would have wanted a little more close racing but what the hell... :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I saw that clip that Barros made on Corser when he went down, you could even see the damage on his back hump from it after. Corser is lucky he reacted fast and dove off the track like he did.

Barros did well, 2 podium finishes!

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Do we know how A. Gobert placed on that race?

G

·
control tyres so bayliss's fault for wearing them out and/or choosing wrong compound - BUT in his defence he's new to them having has the rapid-developed world of GPs in his immediate past.

for those who aint seen the races, they're linked to in the race forums :)

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
el gordo 78 said:
control tyres so bayliss's fault for wearing them out and/or choosing wrong compound - BUT in his defence he's new to them having has the rapid-developed world of GPs in his immediate past.

for those who aint seen the races, they're linked to in the race forums :)

Watched both races, and was happy for both Barros and Bayliss. Hopefully, they can sort out the Honda for Barros and he will start giving them all one heck of a run for the money.

Funny thing about them Pirelli tires, they have prodigious grip at the start, but they seem to loose their integrity pretty freakin quick. I experience the same thing on the SuperCorsa's. Like after a whole day at the track, they start sliding a bit by the afternoon.

Bayliss wasn't the only one with problems, seems Toseland was wearing the heck out of his tires as well - and on a Honda. The Ducatis seems to have always been able to tear up a tire pretty good. Bostrom used to have the same issue, especially when in Daytona... darn bike was all over the place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts