Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes after making modifications or replacing stock parts with aftermarket parts you might regret making the change. Which modifications did you make to a bike and then regret it later?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'd have to say my Leo Vince. 4Hp my ass!! That sticker didn't do sh!t!

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
no regrets here...

The best mod I did was the yellow pinstrip mod. At least 10 hp....

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Past or present bikes?
No regrets with my latest bike. With some of the past ones it was a different story.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Splatter paint job and gutted silencer on my 1977 RM 250...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
None really other then the amount of money I spent on the full Moriwaki system. Love the system but man I took it up the ass paying for it!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
SportyChick said:
None really other then the amount of money I spent on the full Moriwaki system. Love the system but man I took it up the ass paying for it!
This could be used in sooooooo many ways!

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1983 CB1000 Custom: regret selling it.

2000 Buell S3T: regret buying it. damned sexy looking bike though.

2001 RC51: Regret converting it to full track and selling off all the street parts. Bike was a serious blast (and a workout) to ride. Forced me to improve my skills.

2003 600RR: Regret polishing the bolts and not clearcoating them. They developed surface rust and caused the guy who purchased it from me to replace them.

2005 BMW R1200GS - not a single regret, most useable bike I can imagine having. No modifications except the exhaust and it sounds sweet, Leo Vince titanium slipon.

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Regret Buying a 600rr with polished rotor bolts..... haha!

I do not regret buying it. That bike put things back into perspective for me. I only regret taking this long to put my RCs together right.

On my F4i, I regret selling it and also believe a 2bros slip on was a waste of money as the carbon discolored in less than three months. POS!

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
I tend to regret stuff I haven't done.

I left my old VTR stock as an example. Only changed the plug in the carbs for balancing (you could get it out with a grabby instead of a screwdriver). It should have at least had slip ons!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts