Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Gel Rider and passenger seat arrived today. As did my Taller highway windscreen and center stand.

The seat is the after market "Triumph" brand gel seat. Looks better than the original, feels better to the touch and sits better. Cool thing about the stock seat and the after market one.... Three height adjustments. Sad part is that it was set to the lowest and my 6'2" body was on its tip toes to touch.

Taller windscreen looks huge, so I will see when i feel better how much more it helps. I bought this bike to be functional, not pretty.

Lastly, I do not have the proper size Torx, so I will be installing the center stand at a later date.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Sweet! I went the other direction with the screen and went smaller, to try and reduce the buffeting and sheer effect. On longer trips the larger screen will go back on because wind fatigue would be the greater concern.

I'm beginning to think I want a set of the BMW vario cases.
How are your stock panniers?

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
Three height adjustments. Sad part is that it was set to the lowest and my 6'2" body was on its tip toes to touch.

That is a really tall bike... holy cats.

·
Bitten
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock panniers are working out great. A little wobble by design, I suppose that could protect some contents, but with an additional rubber stopper, i could fix that. I have given through to a top box, but wonder if I would truly benefit from it. I am seriously considering the trip to Hiawassee, GA and think it might be nice to have one more weather proof spot on the bike.

·
Living the dream
1,246 Posts
You can PM or e-mail me for more. Or call or text aside from when I am loopy on New Years!!

We will be there Monday - Wednesday after Memorial Day with 7 bikes total. Varied group but should be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.