Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
The Racetec's ROCK!

A little more grip than the Rennsports they replaced, but much better longevity! Very neutral steering tire with excellent stability & they were good for about 2 seconds a lap improvement over the Renns.

For Track Use I highly suggest tire warmers & you better get your set-up correct cause they will cold tear to shreds if you miss it.

I've also used them in a torrential downpour at Barber & found them to be sufficient for a little fun, but a wet weather tire they aren't...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lord Duckhunter said:
The Racetec's ROCK!

A little more grip than the Rennsports they replaced, but much better longevity! Very neutral steering tire with excellent stability & they were good for about 2 seconds a lap improvement over the Renns.

For Track Use I highly suggest tire warmers & you better get your set-up correct cause they will cold tear to shreds if you miss it.

I've also used them in a torrential downpour at Barber & found them to be sufficient for a little fun, but a wet weather tire they aren't...
Longevity is always important (at least the wife thinks so:D ). I've never used tire warmers, but I haven't run race tires before either. I'll have to see if I can borrow a set for the weekend. As for rain, I'm bringing the Pilot Powers just in case :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts