Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
So, Satan's our mascot?
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's where my brother, wife, and sister-in-law are riding (two bikes one car):

Memorial Day Ride

Part of it goes along the devil's highway, as its known (used to be route 666).

Where are you guys riding to?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
that looks like a nice loop, i dont have anything like that planed, hell i dont have anything planned, but i will do what ever i can.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Nice route...Nothing planed at the moment...Not sure if I'll be riding anywhere, girlie broke her ankle Thursday evening :(

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
that will teach her not to wash the dishes... :cower:

seriously i hope she heals up well... poor thing... having to put up with you and now she can't walk to get away...
:laughing6-hehe: ... :thwak:

·
So, Satan's our mascot?
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah :( The distance is a bit much for the newly trained ladies, so they'll be alternating on the car and the back of the Goldwing as it stands. I was hoping the missus would be feeling up to taking her bike, but she doesn't feel quite ready. Ah, and the idea of doing the whole trip via my bike doesn't appeal at the moment due to the seat :p

·
a.k.a. Macgruber
2,194 Posts
Well I'm jealous. Looks like a great route.

As for me, I'll be pedaling about 63 miles on the Wabash trace... not nearly as exciting, but a tradition nonetheless.

·
So, Satan's our mascot?
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Description of a portion of our trip - this site claims it's the curviest in the nation:

Route 666 Run

The Federal Highway Administration considers this road to be the curviest road in the nation, with 450 switchbacks and up to 1000 curves and turns in total. The rumors on the rider grapevine are true. For an incredible ride, this one is very hard to beat. It’s long, it’s twisty, it’s a roller coaster, and it’s in a wilderness setting that will thrill whatever senses you have left that the road didn’t overload. The elevation change is more than 6,000 ft from around 3,000 ft in the Sonoran Desert to over 9,000 ft in the Alpine meadows, forests and highlands.
FUN!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts