Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Pegjumpflyer said:
Guess the extra shoe gives it away........a smashed cadaver perhapes....
smashed cadaver....hmmmmmmm.....never thought about that.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
hmmmmm...i'm gonna grab some grub, maybe a burger :D

what, noone else is hungry?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got news for yall, I dont think it was fake. If I find the site again Ill post it, I saw those series of pics amongst several other graphic pics. Basically, it was a site to make ya think twice about riding on the street.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I almost spewed. Thank god those were low res. I don't know that I could have handled anything upwards of 640X480.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Things can happen like that so whether it's fake or not.. who knows...bodies can be mangled to nothing in certain circumstances....now I need to go blow chunks!!!! Blech!!!!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
XFBO said:
I got news for yall, I dont think it was fake. If I find the site again Ill post it, I saw those series of pics amongst several other graphic pics. Basically, it was a site to make ya think twice about riding on the street.

Gotta agree with my New Jersey brethren (who I hope has pellets by now) that they aree real. Quite awhile back saw a much more comprehensive photo set that would make you want to hurl more than just one days lunch...

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
Up the coast about 15 miles from my palatial estates is a bit of Highway 101 called Gaviota. I call it "THE GAV" for short. It is a place that catches plenty of folks off guard with horendous wind. When its kicking up, the Gav absolutely RIPS!!!!!!!!!! RV's and truck trailers get toppled. Apparently it caught a 54 year old Harley rider one night about 4 months ago. He wasn't doing excessive speeds per say, but the wind helped him from the Southbound lanes into the Northbound lanes. He hit a pickup truck and his body literally exploded into various size chunks. One of the CHP on the scene gave me a ticket for "excess" speed on my mountain road shortly after that acident and we talked about stuff. He said in his 15 years of service, he's seen plenty of bike deaths, but nothing as grizzly as this one. He said you could not identify it as a man or a woman. They spent quite some time collecting the parts. Finally found his wallet. Man, I like gutsy speed and stuff, but when I go, I want my family to recognize me.
Getting killed and mutilated doesn't have to be your fault at all. Dead and splattered is dead and splattered. God bless those souls.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Bigdaa said:
Up the coast about 15 miles from my palatial estates is a bit of Highway 101 called Gaviota. I call it "THE GAV" for short. It is a place that catches plenty of folks off guard with horendous wind. When its kicking up, the Gav absolutely RIPS!!!!!!!!!! RV's and truck trailers get toppled. Apparently it caught a 54 year old Harley rider one night about 4 months ago. He wasn't doing excessive speeds per say, but the wind helped him from the Southbound lanes into the Northbound lanes. He hit a pickup truck and his body literally exploded into various size chunks. One of the CHP on the scene gave me a ticket for "excess" speed on my mountain road shortly after that acident and we talked about stuff. He said in his 15 years of service, he's seen plenty of bike deaths, but nothing as grizzly as this one. He said you could not identify it as a man or a woman. They spent quite some time collecting the parts. Finally found his wallet. Man, I like gutsy speed and stuff, but when I go, I want my family to recognize me.
Getting killed and mutilated doesn't have to be your fault at all. Dead and splattered is dead and splattered. God bless those souls.
Big - did you once tell us about another guy that committed suicide on a BMW? He apparently took off his helmet and rode full blast into the back of a caterpillar or a crane or something...

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Looks like the dude was wearing one sneaker and one boot. And the guy's helmet didn't come off...must be a good one.

Neat how the photog was there while the bike was still smoking. Bike didn't look too bad...had a friend about five years ago that died in an 80mph crash into a tree...head injuries...no missing body parts, and his bike was WAY worse than that photo.

Personally I hope to go like that...better dead for sure than maimed. What's next? Pictures of people burnt up in cars? I see no point in these photos, shiit happens....people hurt themselves in all kinds of gross ways...what's the point?
JohnnyB

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
WIM-RC51 said:
Big - did you once tell us about another guy that committed suicide on a BMW? He apparently took off his helmet and rode full blast into the back of a caterpillar or a crane or something...
Ya wim. He came down that favorite mountain road of mine and at the bottom was a truck, like a military duece only bigger. He took aim at the ass end and gunned it straight in. I saw pics of it in the paper. He really rendered himself unrecognizable. That same road took out another Beemer up at the top of the pass. I did see the aftermath of that one. Guy's name was Lee Howard. His name is graffiti all over the rocks at the scene. His friends said goodby that way. He lost it around a corner and plowed into the front end of a car.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
aw hell, when i'm gone, i'm gone...it's all wormfood after that

if i eat a tree doin somethin stupid, then let me feed the tree otherwise burn what's left and sprinkle me ashes on the water and let me go...

it's surviving somethin that has me bugged, livin the way i do, not sure i'd be up to the challenge offered by a permanent 2 wheeled situation

sh!t, now this thread is depressing me...i'm goin back to the dragstrip thread for some proper leghumpin :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts