Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i lived in michigan my dad used to take care of all my motorcycle upkeep (except cleaning) and like a young idiot i never took the time to watch and learn, now i live in florida and have no idea what to do except put gas in it and ride. if i call dad and ask he'll give me the lecture. so im curious about general maintence. what kind of oil and filter do i use, and what are other things i need to check regularly? thanks guys

·
Speed Lover
1,372 Posts
You need to call your Dad and listen to the lecture, and just say yes sir, I know, I'm sorry for not listening. Then let him help you, and listen this time!

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
If you choose to take this journey start with a Clymer Haynes or genuine Honda service manual. It can't hurt to have pictures and diagrams.

And from now on pay friggin attention.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Someone here has some vids (maybe sss) on youtube for changing the oil and changing the tire. The 919 is not maintenance heavy, pretty basic stuff. Your manual should have a maintenance schedule, in the back I think. Anyways, if I can do it, you can do it! And if I did have any issue the guys on here were quick to offer their technical advice.

·
Legalize it please?
1,176 Posts
Someone here has some vids (maybe sss) on youtube for changing the oil and changing the tire. The 919 is not maintenance heavy, pretty basic stuff. Your manual should have a maintenance schedule, in the back I think. Anyways, if I can do it, you can do it! And if I did have any issue the guys on here were quick to offer their technical advice.
Definatly SSS. I think he has posted/video taped everything he has ever done to his 919 on you tube. It helps to see it done as well as read it IMHO... Thanx SSS, where ever you are!:punk:

·
I am BATMAN!!!
4,660 Posts
That's Super Stinky Steve in case you didnt know what SSS is.
well he really calls himself super sneaky steve, but the rest of us know the truth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts