Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks it finally happened. I lowsided the 250 today. Ate some good asphalt. went down face first. Was doing around 60mph around a corner, road closed in on me, I went out too wide and the back tire hit a patch of leaves and well......that's all she wrote.

Gear held up good. Jacket a with some holes, right glove slightly rashed, front tip of helmet in chin area got chipped a good chunck, Hole in right knee of riding pants. I got i teeny bit of road rash on that knee. But a big bump there as well. My right ankle really hurts. Left wrist hurts like a son of a bitch!!!!!!! Right side of neck and shoulder is pretty sore and my back hurts. basically i hurt all over LOL!
I slid like 10 or 15 feet i guess. Bike went into the embankment.

Missing my right front signal, pipe has slight scratches front right fairing is cracked and good chunk of paint is missing. think my handle bars are a little bent. But i rode home from 41 in brooksville. That was a BITCH of a ride home. I had to stop a few times.

But oh well $hit happens to all of us. Lesson learned. And I would still get out ther and do it all over again. Maybe give me a week or so cuz i am SORE all over!!! i need a

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yep! It's a official! Crashing sucks! Glad you're in good spirits and still all together. You'll be sore for the next few days. The second day is usually the worst. :blink:

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Good to here you made it home OK to lick your wounds. I think it must have had a profound affect on you to make you post the topic twice:sailor: , but I'm damn glad you don't need a hospital. Course it might be a good idea to get your ankle checked!!!!!!!!!!

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok and able to tell us about it the same day.

Know from experience that crashing does indeed suck but still being healthy enough to tell the story is the silver lining (if there is such a thing!)

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok... now, saddle up and get back in that horse asap (Noooooo, NOT that horse... Jeeezzz) ;) :D

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
good to hear you are ok. Crashing sucks but also helps us learn too... although its an expensive class! Took an off road excursion there a few years back, ended up busting my shift lever. Had to ride back home about 50+ miles and I couldn't go lower than 3rd gear. Lets just say stoplights were fffuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn (thats what the clutch sounded like with 3rd gear starts)

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
So sorry to hear about your get-off. Accidents suck but looking at the plus side, anytime you walk away it's a good thing. Take care of those bruises and maybe have that ankle looked at.

G

·
Your accident is a bad thing makes me cringe a little but the fact that you can go down, take it in the face and still only have a scuff knee and other sore spots actually make me feel good about wearing my equipement. Super glad you are ok.

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Glad you are posting and talking about it. Once you get the little gun shy out of your system, you'll be more confident than ever. Just don't let it get the best of you. It is always better to ride again another day.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Even Rossi crashes! Although the cost is usually lil bit more for him..

Glad to har your still capable of sexin the hubby.

Get new gear!

·
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the well wishes guys!

I'm feeling even worse now!!!! This sucks. I bet tomorrow morning is going to really suck. Gixxer1k is already is planning to hook me up with new gear and a new helmet. He said all mine is pretty much garbage after today. Held up really well but not good any more.

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Sounds almost exactly like the crash my wife had on her 250 Ninja five or six years ago. She too rode the bike home with considerable damage and she was quite shaky. A week later after the post crash depression let up she was fine and ready to ride again.
So...you got one out of the way and didn't end up hurt too bad...could have been way worse. Keep looking THROUGH those corners and keep your spirits up. Glad to hear your up and around.
JohnnyB

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Oh wow, glad you are OK! Take your time once you get back on 2 wheels. You'll be a little gun shy at first but your confidence level will grow in no time.

Also soak in an epson salt bath and it will help with the aches and pains.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'll say it again just like I said on our board....call your doctor today Ms. Lucy!!! :D I am very glad you are alright!! And of course welcome to the club ;-)

·
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay just got back from the Chiropractor. Got a neck brace for the WHIPLASH! A backbrace for my SLIPPED DISK, a sprained ankle, tore the skin from the muscle on my right calf and knee (that's internal). And well he basically said i am going to be seeing the birds and stars for the next 2-3 weeks

Oh yeah the kicker is.....I feel like i got hit by a truck and he says " that's only the beginning, give it a couple more days...you're really gonna be in some pain"

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
You Poor Gurl! DAMN! So sorry to hear about your crash !!! Like everyone said though, no matter how much you hurt, or how much damage occured... you are still here to talk about it. I am glad it was not worse.

Don't worry, even little Ninjas heal :ph34r: :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.