Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions is all.

I have an Audi S4 right now and I really like it. Just looking for something new now though. I live in Wisconsin, so having a car that can cruise through snow is important to me. Here were my thoughts.

Either, Keep the S4 and get a Lotus Elise for fun and all that jazz. Or Sell the S4, skip the Lotus, and get an Audi RS4? That way you get all the performance and still have a nice 4door with AWD.

I know that the RS4 is a pig compared to an Elise, but I have an RC-51, so what's the difference?

I have a few months to decide.
Thanks for your input.

Before anyone mentions it, Forget the Lotus Exige, I don't have enough moola to have an Exige and still keep the S4.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Drove an Elise for a long weekend... BAD car to take on a golf trip as it fits NOTHING! However, as a second car to take on a golf trip.. it wasnt bad,

Drives like a dream in tight stuff... but as far as speed goes... there are better.

Has anyone seen the new Porsche? Sexy stuff....

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
RS4...
Thin Hakkapellita's for the winter and as wide a tire as you can fit in the summer to make up for the weight.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove an Elise around for a few hours a few weeks back in Cali. I can't believe the handling, which is what it is made for mainly. I thought the acceleration was great if you keep it over 6250rpm(which is where the power cam is running).

Anyways, CMulford, I have winter wheels with Blizzaks and summer wheels with summer tires now. I like that set up and would continue doing that. I haven't had much problems with 8 inch blizzaks in the snow really... I know narrower is the way to go though.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or I could go all out and get my dream car. a 1988 Chevy Celebrity.

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Ooo yeah, a Celebrity. 11 years ago one t-boned me when I ran a red light in my mother's '87 Suburban (I wasn't paying attention). Right after the collision my buddy and I looked at each other and were like "What the heck did we just drive over?" Then I got out and looked back down the road to see the car with it's mangled front end after coming to a rest on the road I was traveling. Oops.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Can't speak for the Elise, but I drove an RS4 and was very impressed. That car is a rocket ship. But it ain't glitzy. But sometimes that's a good thing, for sneakin' up on people. Like people in Vettes, know what I mean?

Unless you want a car that impresses the honeys, I am an RS4 fan...

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This isn't for looks or anything. The Lotus is a little too flashy but everything else about it is what I admire so much. The RS4 isn't available in the US yet for general public, the Dealership in central Wisconsin is getting ONE in and I told him to call me before anyone else when it arrives.

I would probably get a Lotus with 500 miles on it for like $10000 off, or a 2006 RS4, first year available to us Yankees, ya know.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
If it ain't available then what did I drive? You talking about '06's? It was an RS-something, my buddy's. Very non-descript. Very fast. Paddle shift and big ol' disc brakes are the only visual clues that she goes so good....

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2006 is the first year it will be available to the 'general public' of the US. People have imported a few here and there so they have been here for a few years. Do you remember the engine situation on it? My S4 has a 2.7L V6 Twin Turbo. If it was an older RS4, probably had that. 380HP, not a slow poke car.

But yeah, could have been an RS6, they were mostly autos with paddle shift.

Either the Lotus or the Audi have a decent wait time to actually get it, poop.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Just saw a Lotus out on the road today. So small it looked like you could put it in the back of a pickup!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts