Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: Added two extra pictures

Hello Guys! I recently found this forum and everyone here seems so nice. I’m looking to buy a hornet and if you guys could give me some advice on what to look for that would be great.
Seller is looking to sell a 2007 Honda Hornet for $3500 with 28k miles. He states that it was dropped from the previous owner but I don’t see any visual damage from pictures. I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I couldn’t really determine which category this would fall into. I’ll try to attach some pictures. Also is 28k miles a lot for this bike?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm not sure there's anything in particular to look out for with these. As long as the motor has oil in it, it'll last forever. Aside from that, cosmetics. The tank is extremely expensive to replace. A tank that isn't dented is rare. As long as it looks and sounds good, it's most likely fine. I personally think that it would need a new/rebuilt shock and fresh fork oil at 30k miles, but that's just me.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally think that it would need a new/rebuilt shock and fresh fork oil at 30k miles, but that's just me.

How much do you think that would run me? Also I was looking for aftermarket exhaust and it seems like I can’t seem to find any for this bike that are still being made. I’m guessing all aftermarket parts stopped being produced?

·
McTavish
6,309 Posts
None of the paintwork is original.
To me that means diminished valued.
$3500 is a hi price under the circumstances BUT if the mechanicals are excellent and the mileage is legit, then I can see it - up to a point.
Make sure the instrument cluster is original.
Look for any signs of the damage that likely triggered the repaint, in an effort to get a feel for the nature of the drop.
All the usual touch points, like bar ends, lever ends, peg ends, can sides, turn signals, dyno cover, brake and shifter levers, etc.
It could very well be that it was a minor drop that resulted in a few parts being replaced but a dinged tank that needed repair, and owner wanted flat black for visuals or "work quality hiding" characteristics as compared to nice deep shiney red.

·
Registered
760 Posts
07 should have been red I think, which is one of the best looking paint jobs in any bike I've ever seen. If I was spending 3500, I'd want that paint

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
07 should have been red I think, which is one of the best looking paint jobs in any bike I've ever seen. If I was spending 3500, I'd want that paint

I was about to get a red one but someone ended up buying it :/ it had 12k miles and was going for $4200. But someone beat me to it unfortunately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts