Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Which of these bikes should I get?

• $3,000 pandora's box 919

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get an SV650 and wait for better 919s.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm maybe going to be the owner of a 919. Or an SV650. One of the two. But the 919 takes priority.
There's a few for sale near me.

One that's probably stolen, since the owner refuses to provide a VIN number or a place to meet.
Two that are in mint condition, if over priced: 2006 Honda CB900F / 919 Hornet. | Sport Bikes | Edmonton | Kijiji & Honda 919 | Sport Touring | Edmonton | Kijiji Both go for $6,500 and one has 17,000km (10,000 miles) the other has 5,990 km or ... less than 3,000 miles.

The last one is a 4 hour bus ride away, and is on sale for $3,000. Pushing 60,000km or north of 30k miles. Supposedly has new chain, sprockets, tires, brake pads and rotors. But has quite the history. 8 owners, crashed in 2005, stolen in 2006. Current owner bought it at the start of the year, only rode it once, been on sale since. 2002 Honda CB900F | Sport Bikes | Cranbrook | Kijiji

Or should I bite the bullet on an SV650 and keep an eye out for future 919s instead?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Personally, I'd go with either of the low mileage bikes. It'll sting a little when you buy it but that goes away pretty fast as you ride it. Yeah, they're sort of "old tech" with no internal "nanny" to watch over you but I can't think of anything comparable available today.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,108 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
$6500 CAD = $5162.92 USD
$5k USD for a 919? I might pay that if it were a brand-new 2007, still-in-the-crate at the local Honda shop.
But, I'm a tightwad.
Are bikes that much more expensive in Canada?
They are Lucky (capital L) to get $4k for a clean '07 919 in Texas. Mebbe I'm not the only cheapskate in the state.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
6500 for a used 919? i'm going to buy a ton of 919s and ship them to canaderp

Reactions: rufftup

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Aldrinor.
I am a relatively new 919 owner (summer 2020). And just for reference i got mine at 38,000 km/s for $4k (CAD) it was early summer so price may have been a bit inflated but i don't think too bad.
My bike also came with a lower cowl, led front signals and headlight, rear LED tail tidy, and the delkevic single exit carbon exhaust. I had to replace rubber and i got the valves checked since the previous owner said it had never been done which turned out to be still within factory limits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up getting ProjectConnies 919

Have some major projects over the winter. Mainly, the centerstand tabs were cut off and I am in contact with a frame welder to rectify this, but it needs to be stripped down to the bare frame because of this issue.

The frame itself is due for a recoat anyway, lots of rubbed away parts.

Otherwise, the bike is in great shape.

Attachments

·
Wanna free cat?
1,108 Posts
Why strip?? Any good hand with a MIG gun can zip that right up, as it sits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shop would charge far less if it was stripped to the frame, and I'd at least need the bike partially stripped to reapply a layer of paint to the newly welded parts anyhow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts