Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys read Peter Egan's Leanings books? I read the first and I'm halfway through the second book. This man lived quite an unusual life, I gotta say. Very enjoyable read, every motorcyclist should own a copy. Ya gotta respect a guy who has owned everything from a Bridgestone 50 to a ZX11 and everything in between.

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
No, haven't read either of those, but his editorial in Cycle World or Motorcyclist is the only one I'll read regardless of the topic. Might have to consider the books.

·
Interceptor!
453 Posts
Amazing writer. also writes for Road & Track. Think I'll get my hands on the books.

·
Interceptor!
453 Posts
CMulford said:
No kidding, I didn't know that.
yeah. Guy rebuilds classics (E-Type Jaguar, 356 Porshe, classic race cars) alonside his multiple motorcycles. Wish I could tour his garage!

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
I'd like a little more than a tour, like access to whatever he's got going on.

Hmmm, I wonder if he has a daugter...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think his hobbies would permit for children. Plus he doesn't mention a child anywhere in his books.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
He's definitely an interesting guy. A modern day renaissance man. It's just unfortunate he's from Wisconson. You know what they say about the things that come out of Wisconsin?

G

·
I have both of his books. Like you, I have read the first and am into the second. I feel that the second book is very good, but the first one is better. And the articals I read in Cycleworld now seem to be loosing the panache that he had in earlier writing. JMHO...
I enjoy his writing. He has an ability to take you with him where ever he is at in a particular story.
I also heard that he writes for an airplane and a guitar periodical from time to time, I don't know the names of them though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts