Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a recently restored VGC KE175 B1 - all good bar a whooshing noise i get when going up the gear box (not down) - no air or seal leaks fm exhaust/engine/air filter etc - no issue with performance - just a strange whooshing sound when accelerating and wondered if you were aware of as KE thing?

Any help appreciated and thanks for taking time to read this

·
McTavish
6,491 Posts
Have a recently restored VGC KE175 B1 - all good bar a whooshing noise i get when going up the gear box (not down) - no air or seal leaks fm exhaust/engine/air filter etc - no issue with performance - just a strange whooshing sound when accelerating and wondered if you were aware of as KE thing?

Any help appreciated and thanks for taking time to read this
I have zero experience or knowledge about that bike.
I realize it's a two stroke.
Operating on the basis that the only time you hear the sound is going up the gears, suggests to me that the noise is load related.
Such a malady might not exist with downshifts or throttle rolloffs, seeing as it's a two stroke with essentially no compression braking effect.
Then consider your comment about all the seals being good, my assuming the crankshaft seals being included in that statement.
By chance, does the sound only occur during the gear to gear transition, then fade away until the next gear change up?
IF that was the case, maybe the clutch is somehow involved.
Good luck with it.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,732 Posts
Record the sound next time you are able and post it here. Give us something to go on.
Post some pictures as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts