Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

F'ing 60 degrees outside, beautiful sunshine and I am sitting here staring out the 15th floor twiddling my thumbs and beating my head off the desk. The market is stagnent (ie no trades=no $$$$$) and half of the street is on vaca due to Spring break!

Needless to say I wanna be on the damn bike soaking up some crystal clear air and tearing up my local favorite twisties! Oh, well I guess I'll stop bitching for now....:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH
went to soften the damping on my shock last night and the frickin' adjuster screw practically fell out. now it wont catch any threads, wont screw back in, and the bike damn near bottoms out when I sit on it because the spring it the only thing providing any action. called the dealership who was quick to imply it was my fault and I broke it. So tomorrow I have to go fight that battle trying to make them warranty the damned thing.

It's about 80 degrees and I'm here fuming about the whole thing and thinking about replacing them with Ohlins.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I rode in this morning to work and it was 1 degree Celsius = 33.8 degree Fahrenheit. Freakin' snort running everywhere, jaw sore from clenching so hard in the cold, it was great!!
Now it's 15 degree Celsius = 59 degree Fahrenheit and I wanna go ride!!

G

·
dadogs said:
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

F'ing 60 degrees outside, beautiful sunshine and I am sitting here staring out the 15th floor twiddling my thumbs and beating my head off the desk. The market is stagnent (ie no trades=no $$$$$) and half of the street is on vaca due to Spring break!

Needless to say I wanna be on the damn bike soaking up some crystal clear air and tearing up my local favorite twisties! Oh, well I guess I'll stop bitching for now....:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
Hey man, I feel your pain, I don't even have a window in my office! If I look just right, I can catch the glare of the sun off the office across the hall.. :D

Oh well.. 4 and a half more hours... :chinese:

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
dadogs said:
Ouch! WTF did you do?
I forgot to switch back to 'Yeehaa' mode from 'La-de-da' mode when I decided to enjoy a 10mph left hander at 20mph. Was in 4th and upright so when I rolled on the gas a little shortly after tipping in the front just let go and I got to hear that most horrible of sounds for the first time.

Denial ended just as I stopped sliding.
Anger ended about 15 seconds after that when I got her vertical.
Depression ended during my pre-shower smoke this morning as I was looking her over for the first time.
Bargaining didn't last but 5 seconds after that as I've been getting better at realizing I can't change the past.
Acceptance is here and over the next couple nights I'll decide what parts will be replaced and what will be repaired.

Such is life. Right?

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
It's a sick feeling to hear the Plastic-digging-into-concrete sound.

I know how you feel, and it looks horrible. But from what I can see on the picture, it's not too bad. Have a little patience on E-bay and you can land some great plastics for pretty cheap. And now you have your track plastics! So it's not a total loss. Big plus is that your tank is ok. That would cost a few extra Washingtons.

EDIT: I am comfortable with having my bike look like poop, I ride with junk plastics on all the time now. If you can get a few new Honda stickers, you may be happy with it as is? I don't see any holes. Junk stuff

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
CMulford said:
I forgot to switch back to 'Yeehaa' mode from 'La-de-da' mode when I decided to enjoy a 10mph left hander at 20mph. Was in 4th and upright so when I rolled on the gas a little shortly after tipping in the front just let go and I got to hear that most horrible of sounds for the first time.

Denial ended just as I stopped sliding.
Anger ended about 15 seconds after that when I got her vertical.
Depression ended during my pre-shower smoke this morning as I was looking her over for the first time.
Bargaining didn't last but 5 seconds after that as I've been getting better at realizing I can't change the past.
Acceptance is here and over the next couple nights I'll decide what parts will be replaced and what will be repaired.

Such is life. Right?
Sorry to hear about this. As in any biker incident though - we are glad you were around to deny, be annoyed, get depressed and bargain about it. She is all that bad, you will get plastics soon enough.

In the meantime, enjoy a rare moment of empathy - a little Saki for you? :chinese:

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm definitely happy with my new pants and not having to whip out the health insurance card. Almost wasn't gonna' say anything, but the right thread just happened to appear...

Could it have been tempting fate that, prior to Sunday, I had purchased 3 times more Red paint and 2 times more glass cloth, epoxy resin and coloring agent than I need for my airduct experiment???

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
You know I gotta say it...... Frame sliders are a good thing. Ok, there, I got it out of my system. Sorry about your getoff, but you are a better rider for it, cuz you are still here posting with us.

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
ragdoll said:
EDIT: I am comfortable with having my bike look like poop, I ride with junk plastics on all the time now. If you can get a few new Honda stickers, you may be happy with it as is? I don't see any holes. Junk stuff
I'm actually considering that. Was nice having a gorgeous bike, but I kinda realized earlier today that I could care less if it's perfect and in fact would be even more pissed the first time the new pieces got damaged if I went the new and pretty route.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts