Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay friends, I am putting my Saki down for an actual serious moment.

I was on another site last night and someone had posted about how that site needed to bring some class back to it's forums. He felt that things were deteriorating to where people kept getting flamed, people were posting stupid things, and threads were getting unceremoniuosly jacked.

I posted a sale of a tail piece there last night and not only got stupidly jacked, but also flamed for no apparent reason.

I am coming to realize something about this site - even though relatively new - that I also noticed on motorush (sorry to mention it jetblast).

Firstly - A LOT of the people that were on motorush are on here now. Most of the people on here are actually people I would call friends - strange as it sounds. I have met a lot of the members who are here today, or have at least spoken with them - one on one.

There are very knowledgeable people here too - moto(Believe it or not), sporty, LDH, Clear-a-path, jetblast, evad, etc. etc. etc. Sorry if I did not mention your name - too many to list.

Anyway, no matter how we joke around or sling barbs at each other, I think we still maintain a good sense of humour and mutual respect for it other.

What is the point of this thread?

Well, it is to say that I hope as we DO GROW (Last thread), that we will maintain our integrity and mutual respect for each other as individuals.

1: If a newbie asks a "dumb" question, don't just flame them or say "Search asshat", actually direct them with a link or something.

2: If someone is posting about something, don't just jack it, ask to be part of it if it's to save on threads.

3: Don't post about how you broke the law by doing 180 MPH on a street, etc.

Things like that.....

Your thoughts guys. I am sorry, but what was said on that other site actually bothered me :thumbdown: . Can you imagine me having a sober moment ?!?!

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
There are very knowledgeable people here too - moto(Believe it or not), sporty, LDH, Clear-a-path, jetblast, evad, etc. etc. etc. Sorry if I did not mention your name - too many to list.
I cant believe you left out Johhny B... one of the smartest sidecar passenger racers I know!

True statements there WIM... if you have a question... cycle related or not... someone here will be able to help you!

I am starting to think its why all the chicks are starting to come around here.... free education and all!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
WIM-RC51 said:
Most of the people on here are actually people I would call friends - strange as it sounds.
Ya know... "friends" share their Tibetan Monk Saki :whistling:

Good post WIM

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Much agreed Wim. That is one of the main reasons that this is one of the few sites that I do frequent. Yea we can all occasionally get a little whacked out at times (especially when certain things are inflamed) but the general population seems to be made up of a great group of individuals.

Many topics have and will be broached on this site and I continually find amazment that someone always seems to have knowledgable insite no matter what it is. If we can keep it that way this site has nowhere to go but up.

Now if only it would heat up so that I could ride and not post so damn much!

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
:thumbup:
You know it's tough to stay focused, especially coming off a long cold winter. You're absolutely right WIM, a website is only as good as its members and its content. Welcoming new people to the site and encouraging rider development through Q&A helps encourage conversation, keeping things work&familysafe benefits everyone. I'll do my best to keep things on track, that's my promise to everyone.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for all the feedback. I am sorry about forgetting JohnnyB in my comments. It was not intentional.

In light of our collective thoughts and shared values and the spirit of comradeship going on..... I AM SHARING ALL MY SAKI WITH EVERYONE!

To qualify for the Saki sharing plan, you must be a registered member of wristtwisters, you must like moto and sporty and you must have posted at least ten times. You must understand language like jumblies, and you must be able to use at least ten smiley faces of the unusual kind.

This offers will last only 1:36 1/2 AM on March 23rd, 2006.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Mmmm jumblies:clap:

WIM... Nice post. I totally agree with what you had to say. We have a great core group of members here.
I noticed a similar negative response when posting a friends 919 on another board. All I heard was why would anyone want to buy a 919 when you could buy a --------- fill in the blank!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
WIM-RC51 said:
In light of our collective thoughts and shared values and the spirit of comradeship going on..... I AM SHARING ALL MY SAKI WITH EVERYONE!

To qualify for the Saki sharing plan, you must be a registered member of wristtwisters, you must like moto and sporty and you must have posted at least ten times. You must understand language like jumblies, and you must be able to use at least ten smiley faces of the unusual kind.

This offers will last only 1:36 1/2 AM on March 23rd, 2006.

Have to like Sporty??? ...crap, I'm out. :glare:

No Saki for Midwest since he took the jumblies away!!!

·
Left Hand Suzuki Method
844 Posts
Nice post WIM...

From what I gathered, that was part of JB's initiative for this web site (sorry for speaking on your behalf JB). Other site's get stale with the same old questions and "who makes the loudest exhaust?" threads.

I never laughed so hard on a forum until this little jewel popped up. Sort of point less to discuss detailed motorcycle stuff right now, off season, but the humor content is JAM PACKED. Definately a good place to spend lunch breaks and odd hours of the day. Some funny people on here...! Look forward to meeting some of the members this season...

Till then, nice work JB :rockon:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
h_ryder said:
Have to like Sporty??? ...crap, I'm out. :glare:
You are so going to get it when we finally meet at Deal's Gap end of May. I'm making sure we share a cabin, don't even think about sleeping at night cause you will lose your eyebrows among other things. And I will make you 'prettier' then ever and post the pics on here to prove to everyone how 'pretty' you are with make-up on!

But I do have to agree with WIM, when needed the collective knowledge on this board about bikes is truly amazing. Yes we do have our fun and I think that most of the 'flaming' on this board is with members that know each other and know how to take it. Most of us have known each other for quite awhile and have met one another in person. It's gone past just 'internet' friends and grown into more. If I know I'll be in the States somewhere, I will look any of you guys up for a drink! But when it comes down to it, if there is a need for serious/technical questions, well you'll find the answer here.

I've learned a lot about bikes over the years from the guys that I hang out with and ride but I've also learned a lot from the guys here on this site as well. I actually have more knowledge about bikes then most riders I meet and that's thanks to you guys.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to apologize for this thread. I never meant to scare you guys like this. Sporty actually paying all of a compliment. Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
SportyChick said:
You are so going to get it when we finally meet at Deal's Gap end of May. I'm making sure we share a cabin, don't even think about sleeping at night cause you will lose your eyebrows among other things. And I will make you 'prettier' then ever and post the pics on here to prove to everyone how 'pretty' you are with make-up on!
Can ya get one of them Gilette Fusion Power razors??? :thumbup1:

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Personally, I have read more posts on here than anything,(even if I had to register twice) and I have found the maturity level to be a "few" rungs above the average forum site. I have posted more on 600RR.net than anywhere, but I find myself drawn back here more and more (maybe WIM's Sake?) It is genuinely difficult to find a forum where the people actually know what is going on, and get along with each other. I hope to expand on this site more, as I add to my stable. I like RR.net, but I do not plan on restricting myself. Now, back to your regularly scheduled jumblies & Sake.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Conflict is the essence of drama!

Edit, I'll give you $21 for the tail (shipped), that's 2 bottles of Sake!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
WIM-RC51 said:
1: If a newbie asks a "dumb" question, don't just flame them or say "Search asshat", actually direct them with a link or something.

2: If someone is posting about something, don't just jack it, ask to be part of it if it's to save on threads.

3: Don't post about how you broke the law by doing 180 MPH on a street, etc.
Can any of you a$$hats tell me what's the fastest and loudest exhaust for my RC?

Because of the group here, it's the only forum I'm registered. Though most of the discussions are general. I know if I throw out a question regarding bikes and some other subjects, I will get some good responses.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RC51_CBRXX said:
Can any of you a$$hats tell me what's the fastest and loudest exhaust for my RC?
Where would we be without humour.

The answer to this lies in Old MacDonald's farm. The best exhaust is called PigFart Bros.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Danke said:
Conflict is the essence of drama!

Edit, I'll give you $21 for the tail (shipped), that's 2 bottles of Sake!
Hmmm.... young grasshopper must be drinking cheap Sake. :chinese:

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
As proverb says "Young grasshopper start with the good Sake, and then after a few switch to the cheap Sake to end the night!"

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
RC51_CBRXX said:

Just run open headers and your neighbors will welcome you with open arms.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts