·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well that guy just did two things.

1) He just shortened his commute from 2hrs to 15 minutes.

2) He just shortened his life-span from whatever-it-was to less than a year.

One lane change from one of those stragglers and that's his ass. I like how the other guy splitting lanes isn't fast enough for him so he tailgates him as they lane-split. WTF?

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!

The rider is pretty damn good.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

The vision I got throughout the video is a person with a fat ass checkbook, writing checks all along. And it takes a stream of checks to continue that practice. But what the person doesn't know, or completely forgot is that the checkbook could run out of checks anywhere between the front and back cover. Once that book runs out, payment for "safe passage" cannot be made. End of story.:(

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Ok, either that guy is riding a Mini-Bike or those trucks are H U G E !!!... I don't know about you guys that commute on Freeways everyday but I have yet to see the amount of Big Trucks on a freeway like you see there. did I mention those trucks look H U G E !!! :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bigdaa said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!

The rider is pretty damn good.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

The vision I got throughout the video is a person with a fat ass checkbook, writing checks all along. And it takes a stream of checks to continue that practice. But what the person doesn't know, or completely forgot is that the checkbook could run out of checks anywhere between the front and back cover. Once that book runs out, payment for "safe passage" cannot be made. End of story.:(
Yep. Around here people have a habit of changing lanes at the last second with no warning or signal of any kind. If a car is side by side with another car, then they would have to crash to change lanes. In the case of this rider, there are plenty of instances where he closes on a car that has nothing beside it. It's only a matter of time...

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Good video, but nothing compared to the "motor-boys" (messenger/delivery) of Sao Paulo, Brazil. These "organ donors" are both insane and very good. They ride mostly 125cc bikes. They are always given the "right-of-way" by cagers! If a cager would be involved in an accident with a "biker-boy" (at fault or not) the other "motor-boys" would seriously injure or possibly kill the cager. I've witnessed the kids kicking cars and breaking mirros off. "Motor-boys" are usually too young to drive and uninsured. They delivery everything from pharmaceuticals, pizza to financial documents.

There have been documentary's made and the goverment has intervened. The government has stated that business would stop in Brazil and a majority of South America would be effected if the "motor-boys" were to stop doing what they do. With a city of 18MM people, the worst traffic ever (we're talking 150km traffic jams!!!) and pollution, these guys are needed. There are an average of 2 "motor-boy" deaths a day. They are paid on time and deliveries. With an average of $300USD/month, that's 4x's the minimum wage.

Yes, I've lane-split in Sao, Paulo on a '94 900RR. You actually get use to it and a false sense of security, people do listen to the beep-beep of the wimpy horn.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
That guy was in-frikkin-sane! I think I would pee and poop at the same time if I tried to lane split between two enormous ass trucks while leaned over for a corner. You'd have to put me in a diaper if I was forced to ride like that.

Did I hear a turbocharger on that thing?

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Oh man I couldn't even finish watching that....made me sick to my stomach!:eek:

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
If you look at the sides of a lot of the bigger trucks they've got cow-catchers along the sides or rear wheels. That way if they do turn overtop of someone the bike isn't sucked between the wheels and chewed up.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Danke said:
If you look at the sides of a lot of the bigger trucks they've got cow-catchers along the sides or rear wheels. That way if they do turn overtop of someone the bike isn't sucked between the wheels and chewed up.

Oh well that's comforting!:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.