Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Jacking or hoisting the 919

1K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  opengl 
#1 ·
I have a craftsman motorcycle jack I use for my TW 200. With the 919 header and pipes how do you jack this thing to clean the chain and remove the tires?

#3 ·
You are correct, your craftsman jack will not work for the 919. I had the same problem.
That rear stand will work if you have spools attached to your swingarm, otherwise you would need one that sits under the swingarm like this...
Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle part Bicycle fork Line

And if you want to raise the front and ever intend on removing the forks you will need a triple tree stand like this...
Bicycle part Font Triangle Electric blue Fashion accessory

#4 ·
Prior to getting a center stand, I've used the rear stand (under the swingarm style) as well as a front stand (indexing into the end of the fork tubes). When doing fork work, I lifted the front with the front stand, placed automotive jackstands under the frame sliders and removed the front stand such that the front end was off the ground completely.

Many have hung their bikes, using ratchet straps, etc. from rafters, A-frame ladders, cherry pickers, etc.

#6 ·
I hung my 929RR front end from the rafters using a come along. I used the paddle swing arm stand to lift the rear to service my chains on my Superhawk 996, 929RR and ZX10R. Never had a problem doing so.

#7 ·
I don't think the Phobman Centerstand is being produced anymore? If not, has anyone documented the specifications in order to do a diy fabrication? I don't want to take away from Phobman but if he is not still fabricating them have they been reverse engineered?

Thanks

#16 ·
Yes - have had it for ages. I now have swingarm spools and use a paddock stand, but this one is great.

The angle of the supports is 15deg from the vertical, and the pin is around 16mm diameter - everything else should be in the pics, but ask away for anything that's unclear.

View attachment 159101
thank you very much for sharing this, ima build this stand so i can replace the stock monoshock that i busted during a long ride
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle Motor vehicle

#13 ·
I was about to go down this same road of remaking one with the help of a buddy's metal shop but was able to find a used Phobman stand (and correct he no longer makes them)

Good luck with the project and post your results! I bet you'd be able to sell some as well if you're so inclined.

#14 ·
This is similar to what I had for years:

Mine was this model from Lockhart Phillips. The swing arm paddles are missing here:

#15 ·
This will cost you a cupla hundred bucks delivered, but it's very well made (I have one) and you will always be able to get the bike up, no matter where you are.

#17 ·
This will cost you a cupla hundred bucks delivered, but it's very well made (I have one) and you will always be able to get the bike up, no matter where you are.
I bought one of these right before the Ukraine war started. They are made in the Ukraine. I'm not sure what their status is at this moment.

#27 ·
Looks great, I like that it's wider than the phobman stand, that's my only complaint with it- it can be a little unstable if you're really racking the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.