Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CB919
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This appears to be by far the best place to find people that know about, and appreciate, the Hornet.

Last December, my sister decided she was going to learn to ride and bought a Ninja 300 so I thought that was a good enough excuse to buy a road bike again - I've had a DR-Z for about the last 7 years.

So, short on cash, I went looking for something cheap but fun. I found a beat up old '03 919 and I couldn't be happier with my purchase (even though I did overpay a bit), it still cost half as much as any other bike I've ever bought and it is easily the favorite of all the bikes I've owned.

It's been badly rattle can resprayed, it has almost 100,000kms on it, whoever has maintained it was an idiot. So I fully expect to buy another one in the near future but in the meantime I've already taken care of anything that might be a safety or legal issue and I don't have to care about the paint (and will respray the horrible red parts when I service the forks), I can ride it in all conditions, I can park it anywhere and not worry about it - it has become my daily ride, and I always can find some minor repairs to keep me busy.

I will almost certainly have some questions related to parts and upgrades in the near future but in the meantime, here's a pic.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts