Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Murphy thinks your #1
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gone to honda dealer and they aren't sure if the windscreen in the book is for 599 or 919. I like the look of the windscreen with the duel paint sceem... If seen the windscreen just not sure P/N and mounting hardware.....?

·
Doing things the hard way
128 Posts
I've been looking for one too. The model # I got (from this forum) is 08R80-MCZ-100 or 08R80-MCZ-101 (supersedes 100?).

Have not found one yet.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
it has been said many times on this forum that the screen is no longer available from Honda.

Now --- will you get lucky and find someone that has one sitting on a shelf somewhere?

Maybe.

·
I WANNA RIDE!
1,483 Posts
+1, they pop up on ebay from time to time. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try Europe. I looked high and low over a year ago and could not turn one up in the US. A place in the Netherlands had the European honda version. It was not inexpensive but fit perfectly and had the right hardware. I can't find my receipt for the name. I know other guys are looking too. Good luck.

·
Shawn
174 Posts
my buddy got one from Honda back in 2006 and I love his but he doesn't like it. He says it makes his bike look like some old guy's. I tried to buy it from him and he almost sold it but said it was too much of a hassle to remove.

The reason I like his so much is because of the slight upward lip at the top, which forces air more upward. The one that came on my current bike doesn't have that lip, and I don't notice much of a difference than my last bike without the windscreen.

Someone has already mentioned mine was made by some Italian company that no longer exists and he wants mine if I ever decide to sell it. Believe me, if I can find one with a slight upward curve at the top, I'll buy it. Mine is almost worthless. In fact, when I'm on the highway and lean down, it does a great job of cutting wind but makes my helmet about 10 times louder!

Not sure if I want to keep mine or not, but I'll certainly post on this forum if/when I decide I want to sell it.

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Seems to be....02/29/20

ebay Search Honda OEM Part 08R80-MCZ-100, dealer in California has 3 left......

·
Why's everything on fire?
2,361 Posts
Honda cranked up another production run of them a couple years ago, IIRC. Unlikely to be another run.

That said, there's at least one company reproducing the plastic windshield part, but nobody is making the brackets at this time. Hence why I'm keeping the brackets from my new-to-me parts bike.

·
Why's everything on fire?
2,361 Posts
I should also mention that:

1. The one on my bike now is the Euro one, from a dead bike in England.

2. The later runs of the windshield were by Suomi of Italy, who is still around.

·
919 Rider
2,715 Posts
CenCo 919 is a good lad for finding that.
I love my OEM windscreen. There is more noise with the windscreen cause it takes all the wind off your chest but does concentrate it on the top of your helmet. You can tuck under that flow. I'm used to it now. More noise than anything. No chest buffeting.
Also improved any exhaust stink I had before installing it. Like none now.

·
I'm THAT Guy
49 Posts
CenCo 919 is a good lad for finding that.
I love my OEM windscreen. There is more noise with the windscreen cause it takes all the wind off your chest but does concentrate it on the top of your helmet. You can tuck under that flow. I'm used to it now. More noise than anything. No chest buffeting.
Also improved any exhaust stink I had before installing it. Like none now.
Being 6'3", it's not so much "tucking" as it is flat-out laying on the tank. It's actually kind of comfy for a while.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ugh. I haven't got that note yet, i ordered mine on the 28th......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts