Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... having sold my 919 a few years ago (and still regretting that)... I had seen the FRT shown on some vids, etc. It looked intriguing.

This weekend I got to sit on one... and was surprised that it felt a bit lighter than i remember my 919.

height seemed good from butt to pegs, too... a big plus for a 6'5" guy too.

Has anyone picked one of these up?

Videos I've seen all seem to like it. One, though, said that it seemed to have vibration in the bars above 75 mph... not sure if that's from the engine... or other issues.

It's a pricier toy than what i'd like but while my current '14 1000 Strom is a good all-around bike.. not certain it's the bike i want to stay with.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,659 Posts
It's a handsome bike to be sure. Plenty of Ducati influence there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work at a Indian dealer and have ridden the carbon r a few miles, and still have my 919. The fork angle is a lot steeper, it's much more of a around town bike than a long distance bike like the 919. Definitely carves up the corners. The vtwin has more vibrations than the 4 cyl for sure, though Indian definitely tried to tame it. Again just not great for long distance highway.

Talked to a few guys that have rode them long distance and they say the same thing, that the bike does great on the trip but that they're pretty uncomfortable, but LOVE them around down.

Feel lighter and more nimble than the 919 for sure, and the torque is great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts