Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
919 Rider
2,955 Posts
Nice. I haven’t lost my love for the Hornet 900. I agree with his first statement, why don’t they make bikes like this anymore.
I was surprised at their comments regarding the power feel of both bikes. The Z900 even though has more power doesn’t feel as powerful as the Hornet. It will be interesting to see if they can improve the Z900 performance/feel with the mods they have planned.
If I ever replace the Hornet it will probably be the Z900.
Thanks for posting the video.

·
McTavish
6,545 Posts
Nice. I haven’t lost my love for the Hornet 900. I agree with his first statement, why don’t they make bikes like this anymore.
I was surprised at their comments regarding the power feel of both bikes. The Z900 even though has more power doesn’t feel as powerful as the Hornet. It will be interesting to see if they can improve the Z900 performance/feel with the mods they have planned.
If I ever replace the Hornet it will probably be the Z900.
Thanks for posting the video.
We should also keep in mind that the 919 has been retrofitted with a 4:1, different header included, so the full thottle x RPM matrix gas flow is degraded, thus affecting torque and power where it matters most. Especially if the fueling has not been corrected as much as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my 919 a month ago. Was coming off a cruiser. Wanted something that could actually handle/brake. Always liked the 919, but tough to find one for the right price and not clapped out.
Started shopping for the new xsr900 and z900rs. Sweet bikes, the yammy isn't available till who knows when, the Z is like $14k out the door. Decided to look for a 919 again before I took a loan payment.....
Bingo, 04 39k miles upgraded led headlight, integrated led taillight, Sargent seat, good tires, new sprockets chain and oil. All in for $3400. Yes please and thank you.
Cruise control from the Kawi would be awesome, but hey can't really complain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts