Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

461 - 476 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I haven't a cigarette since 04/07/09. Stopped cold turkey, it was tough for the first few weeks but it gradually got easier. I had stopped a couple times before but always went back. This time I stopped when and because I wanted to and it has stuck. I picked a day and said this day will be my last day as a smoker and it was.

Congratulations to all of you that have kicked the habit. It's not an easy thing to do.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,650 Posts
when is lil nin nin coming back?

·
Steve
497 Posts
My last smoke was 4-29-09. I smoked for 15 years and had quit once before but started back when my dad died a few years back. The patch worked for me but my wife quit 3 years ago using chantix (pill). Doesn't matter how you quit just that you do. Quitting is all about making up your mind you are done. All those stop smoking aids are just to help make it a little eaiser but it all comes down to willpower. I will not go back. I'll cut my cigarette stained fingers off first. Been hitting the weights hard again and eating better. I'm 42 and am in better shape now than I have been in many years. Not to mention all the money I'm saving. Marlboro will never get another dime of mine!

Steve

·
4 whls good 2 whls better
268 Posts
I quit 16 years ago. Had a bad bout with the flu or something, and my lungs were too weak to inhale cigarette smoke directly.

So I got used to cigar-smoking, not taking the smoke directly into the lungs. That made it easier to quit once I got better.

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
I quit 16 years ago. Had a bad bout with the flu or something, and my lungs were too weak to inhale cigarette smoke directly.

So I got used to cigar-smoking, not taking the smoke directly into the lungs. That made it easier to quit once I got better.
Good for you to hop on the wagon! I don't subscribe to smoking cigars being less nasty a habit. Yesterday on the freeway I could smell someone smoking a cigar in a cage ahead, that's potent!

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I quit Dec/30/1999 the day before my daughter was born.

·
4 whls good 2 whls better
268 Posts
Good for you to hop on the wagon! I don't subscribe to smoking cigars being less nasty a habit. Yesterday on the freeway I could smell someone smoking a cigar in a cage ahead, that's potent!
I didn't mean I took up smoking cigars; I just started smoking cigarettes the way people smoke cigars, taking in all that precious nicotine through the mouth, rather than inhaling it into the lungs.

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
I didn't mean I took up smoking cigars; I just started smoking cigarettes the way people smoke cigars, taking in all that precious nicotine through the mouth, rather than inhaling it into the lungs.
Thanks for the clarification! So like a non-smoking actor trying to be "cool". I'm not clued into the smoker's lingo...since I only had one curious puff when I was a teenager and never again! Now I have outlived my chain smoking unhealthy Father (RIP) who passed from lung cancer at forty! Talk about a don't do as I do lesson on life!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,650 Posts
I quit Dec/30/1999 the day before my daughter was born.
Tax time 8 years ago for smoking. 21 years in March for drinking.
My son Scott said "Dad, I bet you only have a bit of yuck in your lungs"
"Naw, Scott. They're pretty dang clean by now"
I quit, Mark, because his older brother asked if he could sit on the back porch with me and have a cig. 2 weeks later...........................history.

Good fortune to all of you who quit. I got not one problem with anyone partaking in smoking........I found it to be very relaxing, and I would never sign on to villianizing smokers or tobackee companies, but each individual needs to make their decisions and stick by them. That is life.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,650 Posts
Still smoke and drink free here gents............................................................

461 - 476 of 476 Posts