Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

441 - 460 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'm to the point now where its actually hard to even be around them...

Stinky! I'm officially past the 6 month mark.

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
Hey all, i stopped smoking for a while and went back to it again a few wekks ago. I hadn't posted on this thread becuase I wanted to post when i had been smoke free for some time. I'm trying it again though. Not giving up!!

·
Crotchety Rocket
1,426 Posts
Thought this might be of interest to you. Congrats on quitting! I was never a real smoker (occasionally, in social settings), but I had many friends that did and quit, and seeing them today, 2-6 years down the road, they're like different people.

This poster shows what happens to your body once you stop smoking. Pretty cool.

Reactions: dadogs

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
I failed, didnt sound like I was going to take anyones money and lost interest.......Really I stopped drinking and totaly lost it....Back on the wagon in short order ;(

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
I am a non smoker! Still haven't had one since December.
November for me. Occasionally the smell of someone smoking will smell good to me but anytime I have a thought of going back to the good old days I'll get this disgusted repulsive feeling inside and not even give it a second thought. I do quite enjoy being able to walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded now.

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
I failed, didnt sound like I was going to take anyones money and lost interest.......Really I stopped drinking and totaly lost it....Back on the wagon in short order ;(
Thank goodness! J/K Now I get out of my bet of running the 10km.
Not sure my knees could have handled the abuse anyway.

Get back on the wagon and take great care of yourselves!

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
OK! Here we go again! Due to some blood Pressure issues I am forced to stop/quit/for go/etc etc smoking forever more.......

CRAp!

oH well It's day 11 so I thought I would get this old thread going again.....

Any new takers? Same rules!!

One thought....BP meds work great at surpressing the urge.....( all Urges ;))

·
Just some do0d
70 Posts
Coming up on 8 years. 2 packs a day to nothin'! I did the patch for 3 days but didn't like it so I manned up and QUIT!

Congrats, it's just about the best decision a person (smoker) can make in life.

Reactions: dadogs
441 - 460 of 476 Posts